Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Hi from Andrew in north western Sydney

Hi all glad to be a part of your forum. I run a design and building business in North western Sydney we do new homes , extensions and portable homes. All of our work is custom designed and I love to use recycled timber in my designs as it has great character and is very sustainable (carbon negative). My website is Home and there are a lot of my designs and builds there for you to see. I love to help out other wood workers where I can. We all know its not an easy trade but is very rewarding so I guess any help is good help.
    You may like to take a look at a youtube video ( below) that I made of a shipping container home. If you use Sketchup you can down load a model from Ruby Sketch, Home, 3D Model Directory "just type in container in the search box, you will also find lots of other building components and I will be up loading standard timber, roofing, LVLs, windows, appliances, furniture and more in the next couple of weeks. If you have any Sketchup models, Archicad models or Revit models that you would like to share with the community please don't hesitate to contact me its free. That is part of my contribution to our industry.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgmubPdH_vA&feature=g-upl&context=G2b6bc58AUAAAAAAARAA]Aadbuild Shipping container conversion - YouTube[/ame]

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum.. Great work, looks fantastic. Amazing results. Best shipping container I've seen
    The video is well done but I found the introduction a little long and the piece of music is one of those pieces of music that got on my nerves but I wasn't there to judge the music. I just thought seeing as you went to the trouble to make the video, you may like my opinion but of course. its personal taste when it comes to music. Well done all round.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

nice job,

do you use REVIT or sketch up to draw in?

Quote Originally Posted by munruben View Post
    Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum.. Great work, looks fantastic. Amazing results. Best shipping container I've seen
    The video is well done but I found the introduction a little long and the piece of music is one of those pieces of music that got on my nerves but I wasn't there to judge the music. I just thought seeing as you went to the trouble to make the video, you may like my opinion but of course. its personal taste when it comes to music. Well done all round.
    Yeh sorry about the beginning I made the Video in Picasa a free video maker and it does allow you to change scene length but it is across the entire video and some of the other stuff needs more time. Oh and I am a bit hope less when it comes to this stuff. Happy to take on board any suggestions on new software... remembering I am a little slllooooooowwww (
    thanks for the feed back

Quote Originally Posted by Gaza View Post
    nice job,

do you use REVIT or sketch up to draw in?
    Hi Gaza I made the model and animation in Sketchup. I do have Revit and paid a lot of money for it but to be honest Sketchup is much more versatile to the laymen (ME). P
    there is a link to the model above.
    Last edited by aadbuild; 8th January 2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Because I am dislexic...