Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Ridgid R4512 Table Saw

Hi all. This is my first post in this forum. To give a bit of background I have been doing some woodworking for a couple of years now but it has mostly been some rougher carpentry such as work tables, shelving, and deck building. I've become pretty good at making due without a table saw mostly through the use of a good circular saw and edge guide combined with an excellent mitre saw (Milwaukee 6955-20 SCMS)

I am hoping to pick up a new table saw this year and begin learning some more advanced techniques for joinery and general furniture building. I also would like to be able to build some new cabinets after my skills have improved.

I am hoping to have somewhere around $500-700 to spend on a saw. I don't need the best of the best but I want something that will allow me to begin developing my skills as I mentioned. I am currently looking at the ridgid r4512 as a possible option. My main question is has anybody here used this saw and is it accurate/powerful enough to do the type of work I have described? I know it is not a perfect saw but I realistically will never have a powermatic, general, unisaw or other high end cabinet saw.

I have 120V power available but would consider adding 220V for the right saw. I need a saw that is mobile enough to maneuver around a concrete basement floor.

Any thoughts on the r4512 saw or similarly priced saws would be very much appreciated.

PS: I did a search for r4512 and didn't find anything so I apologize if this is a repeat thread.

Thanks!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.939646,-66.658229

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Suggest you check out the NAR site of Grizzly asthey are a major supplier in the USA and Canada and have a range of products to suit all needs
    Cheers,
    Paintman

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at grizzly as well but right now they are out of my price range when you include the shipping, duty, and brokerage. I can pick up the r4512 from HD for $499 plus tax. Even the griz contractor saw is going to be about double that by the time I get it delivered. With the savings I could probably build a router table and pick up a benchtop planer. But I don't want to waste the money on the r4512 or any saw if it is going to be a piece of junk. I would rather wait another year and save up for the right saw. So has anyone actually used the r4512 from Ridgid that could comment on the power/accuracy for making furniture and cabinets?

Thanks again!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.939688,-66.658197