Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default GPW,Trade Tools and Jet Saw-The same?

There are 3 saws (that I know of) that all appear to be the same, except for the price. They are
    a Jet saw JTST 10-12 Tablesaw
    A Gary Pye Woodworking saw
    GPW 10/12'' Table Saw
    a saw from Trade Tools (12M10A)
    TradeTools
    They all appear to be the same but there is a vast difference in price. The Trade Tools saw has a slight variation in specification, in that it has some sort of sliding table and comes with a router fence. But externally the wall appear the same, have the same weight etc. But I have seen the jet saw fadvertisd for around $1900. GPW tell me that they will be selling theirs for about $1300 or $1400 and trade tools are advertising theirs for $1195.

I am going to buy a saw this month and I do not want to part with any more money than I have to but I do not want a dud either.

Any ideas? Are the internals of these machines the same? The problem is that GPW and Trade Tools will not have floor stock until the middle or end of January for me to check out.
    My age is still less than my number of posts

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Yes they are all the same saw and they are excellent value for money. Quite a few forum members, including myself, have one. The trade tools picture has a router wing and sliding table installed but it doesn't say anything about them in the specs. Might pay to check exactly what is included for that price. I can recommend the service from GPW.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by NCArcher View Post
    Yes they are all the same saw and they are excellent value for money. Quite a few forum members, including myself, have one. The trade tools picture has a router wing and sliding table installed but it doesn't say anything about them in the specs. Might pay to check exactly what is included for that price. I can recommend the service from GPW.
    Thank you. That is just what I needed to know. Trade Tools and GPW both have saws on order from overseas and both tell me that they will arrive this month. The GPW saw does not have a router wing or any sort of sliding table so far as I can see by the picture and the Trade tools pictures show them both. GPW told me that the price would depend on exchange rates but would be around $1300 whereas the Trade tools saw will sell for $1195. But I do not want a crappy slide and I just built a good router table so these are no attraction unless they are very good quality. I saw on the net that a company in Townsville is selling the same saw for near on $2000!

I would be very interested to hear from anybody who has the Trade Tools version with the router wing and slide.
    My age is still less than my number of posts

GPW would have far better quality control.

Cheers,

Frank.

In trying to learn a little about everything,
    you become masters of nothing.

I bought the following items from a forum member in the market place, the new price is as follows. The Router Table Extension Wing is as good as quality as the rest of the table top.
    IF it is the same quality you have a bargain.

Router Table Extension Wing & Fence : CARBA-TEC

TSC-10HBRF Router fence to suit extension wing $209.00
    TSC-10HBRW Router Table Extension Wing $124.00
    Last edited by wm460; 10th January 2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: add extra.

Ratty 05/2004 -05/07/2010 COOPER 01/08/1998-31/01/2012

I bought the previous contractor/hybrid version of that saw from TTD.

The router wing and fence is the same as the carbatec version. The wing is excellant. The fence is still in it's box (and for sale if someone is interested).

The rip fence moved as you clamped it up, but then most of them do.

I didn't get the sliding table and frankly don't like them.

I put an incra ts/ls on mine and it's magic. Practially does the work for you, I just stand back arms folded and watch my projects assemble themselves

Seriously though, you need to look at the rip fences offered on each machine, that's where you'll notice any difference. Unless you do tremendous amounts of work on it the trunions will be quite fine. Mine's spot on and quiet and I regularly do deep blind cuts on hardwood. The "green" blade that came with is is superb.

TTD have low markup and high turnover, just don't expect them to know anything about the saw, it isn't thier core business.

There was a long thread on them when I bought mine, search is your friend.
    I'm just a startled bunny in the headlights of life. L.J. Young.
    We live in a free country. We have freedom of choice. You can choose to agree with me, or you can choose to be wrong.
    Wait! No one told you your government was a sitcom?

Yes they are incarnations from the same manufacturer in Tiawan....TruPro1012MA model. See my comments about this here... https://www.woodworkforums.com/f153/h...77/index2.html The Grizzly version has better enhancements and cheaper but then shipping from the States would make it prohibitive.

After much research I just got mine (a Woodman re-badge) on a special price for $1500. It makes for a good all round hybrid cabinet saw for the home shop. The Trade Tools version is cheaper and has a sliding table that I also don't like and told is not that accurate anyway. When I inquired here they did not have any stock till Feb.....
    Cheers