Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Blackwood - swap for a nice light coloured wood

Hi guys,

I have some rough sawn blackwood that I'd like to swap for some planks of a lighter coloured wood, preferebly something nice.

The blackwood is in various lengths from about 1m to about 3m, 80mm wide, 25 - 30mm high. I have a few bits that I can part with.

Heres a sample bit that I planed and put some olive oil on - it is very nice (photos dont show the richness of the browns):

https://www.woodworkforums.com/attach...d-img_1182.jpg

Depending on what you want to swap, I can plane some wood with my trusty hand planes to smooth it up for you.

Here's what it looks like in my garage

https://www.woodworkforums.com/attach...d-img_1181.jpg

Theres some other types of wood in there too, if anyone wants some jarrah . . .

I dont want to swap it all, just a fewish pieces for a whiter wood to make a largeish contrasting toybox.

Im in Concord, Sydney.

Corey
    [email protected]

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I come to Concord on Sundays to visit my Mum, i have a fair stash of timber but no blackwood, which i have been looking for,i will check my stash otherwise might be interested in buying some ,cheers, rossco

Hi Rossco,

I have a lot of blackwood, so if you're interested let me know by email or 0403 869 137.
    I'd be interested in swapping for some nice light coloured stuff if that suits.

Corey

Hi Corey,I have some nice silky oak in good size150/200x25x 3/4m,i enclose photo of box from it, very consistent without veins or waste, also a light colored board , unknown species, ill plane / sand a section toshow you in later email, Rossco
    Attached Images Attached Images

hi rossco, silky oak, nice. Show me what you've got in the email, then we can work out a time to meet up.

Hi Cory, dragged some boards out, the mystery boards are light brown , had them 10 years from nth coast yard flat and straight,closest match i can find is brigalow or similar to qld maple , plane easily board shown is 190x30x2.5m,ihave 4 of them,next is silky oak , pinkish,board shown is100x30x3.8m perfect s.o.grain and all useable , i have more of that as well,as you mention toy box you probably need good lenght, also have crows ash /ozzie teak ,but only 80x80x1.3m. if your interested, aust red cedar as shown 2 boards150/200x25x1.3m also amount of good west red cedar, large boards, as im mainly box maker i can use small boards so thats why your black wood appeals , if you like could show you these boards next sunday, any time day time would suit, trade by same brd volume,also can call , mob0409152917cheers Rossco

very nice selection there rossco

That last image #308, that looks like it has a good grain pattern. The silky oak also takes my fancy.

How's early sunday for you - say 8-9am?

Yep, we just match up same sized bits of wood and do as equal a swap as possible. If you want more blackwood, and I have it to give, I can sell you a few extra planks as well. I have some small bits of Jarrah, and other stuff I cant identify that you also might be interested in.

So I reckon just bring what you got and we can have a look at each others stash and go from there. Let me know how the time is and I'll send my address through then. If early is no good, late evening is about the only other option I have.

Cheers

Corey

hi Corey , 8am is no prob, i will bring the boards you are interested in,if you like you can let me know the adress by personal message on the site ,or mob , perhaps during daytime, cheers rosssco