Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Anybody do Intarsia?

Have been doing Intarsia for a couple of years now, Is anybody out there doing any Intarsia. Would like to see some photo's. I have done a few now . This is an eagle finished a while back and I am currently working on a larger one., A few more photo's of completed Intarsia showing in my Album.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

rogerjenkins Guest

Default Intarsia projects

Like your eagle. Very nicely done. Is that from Steve Bundred's collection, or someone ele's, or have you done the hard yards, and designed it all by yourself ?
    Either way it is well made.

There's a photo or two of my work here on this thread,- Boozing Kanga from Steve Bundred's Intarsia Down Under Book, which I have increased by a good 50% plus added several additional beer bottles round the base of the deck chair, along with the words, " G'day mate, 'ave a drink " Made, & sold about half a dozen of this kanga to date to various clients.
    Also bought the Dolphin Intarsia set from Steve. Have made & sold a few of the baby dolphin which I set up on its own base, bit like a trophy,- got a photo here;-

There's photos of some other people's very nice Intarsia work also on this thread,- but you will have to back-track a bit to find them.

Keep up the good work mate,
    Roger

Default intarsia

G'day Roger,
    Thank's for the compliment's, The Eagle is a pattern from Garnet Hall. At the moment I am working on a pattern from judy gale roberts from the USA of another eagle with a wingspan of 37 inch's. If I can get it right it should turn out pretty good. Next project is a palm cockatoo from steve bundred's collection of pattern's. I hope by posting this it will bring other intarsia interested people to contribute to this forum. There must be other "artists" out there who are willing to show their work'
    Regard's to All. j&j

hi j&j dont seem to be much interest in intarsia on here ive just posted a bulldog i also done the steve bundred bikie bob
    bob

Hi everyone

I think it's a great pity that intarsia isn't more popular. It's such a beautiful craft in its own right, and can really help to make a fairly ordinary piece of woodwork into something quite special and unique.

David the LOML tried his hand at it recently. He's still got a way to go, but this little decorative element was just what I felt my perfume cabinet needed to break up the great expanse of light ply in the doors.

It is one of Steve Brundrett's wonderful designs and was intended to use as a mirror surround.

I'm on the lookout for some intarsia flowers to use as a decorative element on the top of plain boxes. I think something like this would make the ordinary quite exciting.

Lili

rogerjenkins Guest

Default Intarsia on Perfume Cabinet

You wouldn't think it was the same plain old cabinet would you . It's really quite amazing what a bit of thought, and creative artwork does to something plain, and like you say, Intarsia is a work of skill and art combined, which when well set out as yours is, makes one enormous difference.
    Congratulations on your handiwork, and top marks too.

Roger

Thanks for posting your work, they are excellent. I love seeing the various ways people are using this technique and will hopefully be able to post some of my work shortly having just bought a couple of plans.

rogerjenkins Guest

Default Got a different kinda Intarsia Project lined up

This Project is, ( well ), " slightly different," to the normal, or usual type of Intarsia projects,- A Shop Sandwich Board for a local Gift Shop who has asked me to invent something different that will stand out from the rest, and be eye-catching, plus attract potential customers into the shop.
    I am using some recycled New Zealand Kauri for the actual sign, with the signwriting partly routered, partly engraved into the timber, with added outlines of animal, & / or sea-creature/s engraved into the board, PLUS several Dolphin Intarsias added top, & bottom of the sign. Did consider doing the Capital letters in Intarsia at the beginning of each line,- but methinks thats getting too complicated,- although the end result would definately be eye-catching to say the least.
    I think it's called, " Have fun Roger,- or somthing like that !!!! "
    Yes,- you can rest assured of a photo or two at the completion of the client's project,- probably several photos,- one in the Router section, and one here, as the Sandwich Board will be a mix of styles.
    Roger