Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Carbatec TSCE-10L Table Saw

Hey,

Does anyone own the Carbatec TCSE-10L table saw? http://www.carbatec.com.au/carba-tec...net-saw_c21779

I found two threads on the saw but no one actually owned this model. I understand there was an older model that was similar and was once priced under 2K (and some lucky forum members got one).
    https://www.woodworkforums.com.au/f15...rbatec-139265/
    https://www.woodworkforums.com.au/f15...et-saw-144172/

I just wanted to know if you got a better than advertised price? And what your thoughts are on the saw?
    It looks like my dream saw - the Powermatic PM2000, I wonder if the quality is close to it?

Thanks,
    Andy

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Anyone?

Hi Andy,

I have the older models and if the new one is anything to go by, then it's definitely a great quality tablesaw.

Sorry I can't give anymore indepth insight into the new model. Is it just the next/new model or essentially the same? Maybe someone at Carbatec might know what the differences are?

Cheers,
    Af.

I've got the old TS-10L. Am very happy and if the new one is the same quality it's worth what Carbatec are asking. When buying mine I found this review and the TS-10L looks to be a carbatec rebadge. The internals are certainly exactly the same as the pictures. Might help when you look at the new model.

Andy....I did some research when looking for my table saw and I can tell you if you have the $2600 to buy the 10L saw then go for it...you won't be sorry...it's a very nice left tilting saw!!!

I wanted it but economics forced me to get a much cheaper saw. I ended up having the top re-ground flat for $50 as it was very slightly bowed across the top. But then you get what you pay for!! It's the same old adage....if you have the cash go for the best you can afford and at $2600 you'll get a mighty good saw. Even more so if you live in the States but then that's the economics of scale in this country.