Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dave J Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_W View Post
    It can be hard to guard Machine Tools due to the fact that they generally need a high amount of operator interreaction, Drill Presses are a good example. They range from small bench models to large radial types, the newer ones come with a variety of mechanical guards, some better than others but usually just get in the way or are not practical for the different jobs that the Drill is used for and usually are removed or overridden.
    As suggested in this post a well placed Emergency Stop makes good sense and how it is interfaced into the Drills Control depends on the complexity of the circuit and the relevent Australian Standards, if used in Industry then best practise is to use the Standards. If its for home use compliance to Standards is not manditory but still a good way to go as you will know that if you hit the Emergency Stop it will work.
    I attach a catalogue from a company called Schmersal and they have a Safety Foot Switch that has a Emergency Latching Function so that if you get into trouble pressing down hard on the peddle will latch it into the open state and you need to manually reset the Foot Switch to release the Emergency Stop Function. I have used and recommended these types of units for a number of years in Industry, they are expensive so not for everybody but just showing that there are items in Industry that can be used in safety applications like this.

Regards,
    Keith.
    Hi Keith,
    I tried to open the document but all I got was "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged or could not be repaired.

If you could re post it I would be interested in having a look at it.

Dave

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hi DaveJ,
    I have attached another pdf, if you are interested in that type of switch let me know and I can do a special priceing for you.

Regards,
    Keith.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12