Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: 10amp to 15amp

Default 10amp to 15amp

Has anyone had 15amps run to their shed lately?
    Whats the deal on getting this done?
    How are the prices now days?
    10 amp welder has died, time to step up to a larger unit.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Do you already have power to your shed? Was the wiring done by a professional? If so, you might already have considerably more than 10amps on hand. When my shed was wired, the nice man ran 32amp wiring without any advice or request from me, so I assumed that was standard. It might pay to check.

my electrician told me to have heavy duty wires run out to the shed he has a 32 amp circuit breaker in my house for the shed & i have also leakage safety fuses in the fuse box in the shed so I can run a decent a/c unit & vac unit when the wiring is finished. and also allowed for 10 double power points in the shed & 4 more under the main carport

regards Michael
    enjoy life we are only here a short time not a long time

Quote Originally Posted by adeben View Post
    Do you already have power to your shed? Was the wiring done by a professional? If so, you might already have considerably more than 10amps on hand. When my shed was wired, the nice man ran 32amp wiring without any advice or request from me, so I assumed that was standard. It might pay to check.
    Yes the shed was rewired about 8 years ago or so i believe, had 5 or 6 fluros put in the roof, but it only has a two socket powerpoint in the middle of the shed, i would like another one or two. it would make life easier.

I will have to check that out, and see if thats the case, i have a mate who is a sparky, and he should be coming to pick up a fridge within the next few weeks, perfect timing! haha

Quote Originally Posted by coffenup View Post
    my electrician told me to have heavy duty wires run out to the shed he has a 32 amp circuit breaker in my house for the shed & i have also leakage safety fuses in the fuse box in the shed so I can run a decent a/c unit & vac unit when the wiring is finished. and also allowed for 10 double power points in the shed & 4 more under the main carport

regards Michael
    alot of powerpoints there!
    this is just a 2 car (length ways) garage, so i dont need anything fancy pants.
    I actually have a roll of fire rated cable from when i was wiring my other shed... hmm i wonder if they could use that stuff...