Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

How about a solo so low we won't hear it.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Claw Hama View Post
    No problem Ray, some of my best work over the last few years has been repairing said containers for the sports clubs around town. I often have to pop rivet and seal patches on the roof and walls of these and support the roof where hoons jump on them and then the water pools. Photos will follow once the work starts
    Our container leaked around the seams. I found the best solution was to put a corrugated iron roof over the whole thing.

Keeps it water proof. Keeps it cool. And if you raise it above the container a nice little storage space as well.

Excellent score! So will there be even larger jobs coming out of the shop now?
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

No problem Ray, some of my best work over the last few years has been repairing said containers for the sports clubs around town. I often have to pop rivet and seal patches on the roof and walls of these and support the roof where hoons jump on them and then the water pools. Photos will follow once the work starts
    On my wood slab storage container I cut holes in the middle of the roof to fit 2 whirrly birds for ventilation. As soon I cut the holes the roof puckered inwards towards the holes so rain would drain towards the holes. When mill yard owner came for a look see he said I have a fix for that.

Using 2.4 m long, 50 x 5 mm SHS, the SHS was jacked up across the ceiling across the hole using 3 acro acro props. In between the edge of the hole and the SHS we place short (50 mm) stubs of the SHS. The pressure from the stubs popped the roof out the other way and we continue jacking the ends of the SHS until it touched the ceiling and then we welded everything in place. This has worked a treat.

Not worried about the container at all, my sheetmetal background helps there. Yes Bob the braceing you talk of is similar to the way I did the sports ground containers (hoon get up and dance and jump on them and cave the roof in.
    I'll just wait and see what condition its in when I get one and then decide what action to take.
    been around thismorning measureing up for the security bars and a floor plan for the Architect.
    Being there for a few hours was good and I may have changed my thinkingon where I will place things. No doubt things will keep changing for a while.

WW, don't think I will make any bigger furniture but the art side of things could change drasticly
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au

A good edge takes a little sweat!!

Did I hear that the anzac bickie jar was on the move
    good I've run out of Chrissy cake
    Train from Chatswood to Wickham a bit over 2 1/2 hours might have to save up for my pensioner fare

I like the look of the new digs there Claw
    you won't know yourself with newish larger shed - gawd I'm jealous

Not sure I'd want to work in the same building with the boss though - She'd wander in at inopportune moments like when I'm sitting pondering something vital over a cuppa
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post
    .......I'm sitting pondering something vital over a cuppa

Strange I did not think you pondered anything.

Ponder, bewilderment, one in the same
    Yes there may heve to be some very strict OH&S rules pulled out if she becomes a problem. Could take years for her induction No doubt I would loose other "benifits" though.

Nick if Sue doesn't wander in and out I don't get my cuppa and ANZACS.

CH yes got to be careful loss of other benefits could be detrimental to

This is all getting a bit close to home, as you say Dan has one, now you, all on my doorstep I feel I may have to shortly trade up from my sheet of plywood with legs to one of these fancy benches.
    I won't rush into it though. Great job Tony, looking good.
    Wow Tony, thats the first time I've seen one of these Nancy Boy benches actualy being used, very impresive. Nice looking slab too. Glad to see you have Miss Midget on the job, teaching her to clean at such an early age is a great party trick but it will only last another 6months at best and then she'll give you your marching orders. All looks great Tony.
    So now you have a big enough space for one of those nancy boy workbenches ...

is it finished yet?

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Nick if Sue doesn't wander in and out I don't get my cuppa and ANZACS.

CH yes got to be careful loss of other benefits could be detrimental to
    yeah but she doesn't deliver here

regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post
    So now you have a big enough space for one of those nancy boy workbenches ...

is it finished yet?

I man with a memory now that's rare. That's what my wife says.

Ha yes, now I can build a real bench although its not on the priority list at the moment
    I have a lot to do before that happpens and I'm not sorry to say it won't be a nancy boy bench.
    You'll know it when you see it. So, currently doing a slow pack up on the workshop, just a few hours each day of things I'm not likely to use. I'm storing them in my storage shed up the road so they are out of the way. We should get possetion on the 1st March, clean up for a day or so, alarm will go in and then tools. Its a bit of a race against time though as the lane my workshop is in now is going to be totaly dug up soon while they put new sewer pipes in. I won't have any access to get timber in or gear out for at least a week or maybe two. Want to be out before that shyte goes down.

while they put new sewer pipes in. Want to be out before that shyte goes down
    Literally?

Ha yes, now I can build a real bench although its not on the priority list at the moment
    I have a lot to do before that happpens and I'm not sorry to say it won't be a nancy boy bench.
    You'll know it when you see it. So, currently doing a slow pack up on the workshop, just a few hours each day of things I'm not likely to use. I'm storing them in my storage shed up the road so they are out of the way. We should get possetion on the 1st March, clean up for a day or so, alarm will go in and then tools. Its a bit of a race against time though as the lane my workshop is in now is going to be totaly dug up soon while they put new sewer pipes in. I won't have any access to get timber in or gear out for at least a week or maybe two. Want to be out before that shyte goes down.
    So your not paying rent during this period are you.

Hopefully I'll be long gone by the time get here. It may be a close shave though, they're just up the street. Rent here is next to nothing so thats not a worry, more just getting hemmed in would be a pain in the aspin colarado.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast