Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Claw, what is that grey thing in the middle of pic 1?
    Pat
    Work is a necessary evil to be avoided. Mark Twain

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hi Pat, couldn't see a great thing in pic 1, in pic 2 there is the old Variac speed controller with the big black knob? Speed contol for anything 240, lathe, bandsaw, drill, grinder etc.
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au

A good edge takes a little sweat!!

Can't see the forest for the trees
    I believe it's called flat, level, SPACE.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

CH
    I was looking through the threads of your big move when my wife came in and was looking over my shoulder. I started to explain who your are and what you do and she insisted I go to your website. I had never done that until now! What an incredible line up of exquisite examples of what one can do with our beautiful timbers!!!! You have a fantastic album of fruits of your labour. I am envious!! In the short time I was self employed I was lucky enough to do only a couple of "real timber" for some clients. The bulk of my work was just bread and butter white board cupboards. Your client base has a much better eye than mine did.
    Best of luck in your new surroundings and I hope those high class clients keep coming to your door.
    (PS Being so close to the salty air of Newcastle Harbour, Wd40 and Silverglite applications would nearly be a daily occurance )
    Just do it!

Kind regards Rod

Quote Originally Posted by NCArcher View Post
    Can't see the forest for the trees
    I believe it's called flat, level, SPACE.

That's it! So much room, without gear in the way!
    Pat
    Work is a necessary evil to be avoided. Mark Twain

Mark I should have no trouble moving about in there now.....just one door I would be worried about access too..............the little room down the back. Can't have the neighbours oggling me up against the wall can we...............although its previous tenants I am sure there was lots more happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Claw, what is that grey thing in the middle of pic 1?
    By the reply from CH it seems he might gave been taking photo from the middle of that grey space.

I expect that once CH starts working some reorganizing is going to take place, to reduce the space a little.

Hi Guys, Yes flat level space, something I have never had. Here I have a lovely flat floor and a high roof so I don't take out the fluros every time I turn a piece of timber around. My floors were all so uneven I never new untill I delivered a table if it was going to sit flat on the floor (true as I sit here typing) it was always a relief when it didn't rock. The central part of the workshop is to be kept clear other than when finishing off a project. Somewhere to sit a large table for assembly etc.
    Bad new Ray , this place was probably built in the 40's so the little boys room or in our case, old farts room is upstairs. (mental picture of you on the end of a chain block) at the moment we do have a ramp into the workshop so thats a help.
    The bench layout is very similar in some ways to my old workshop so I'm pretty sure it will all work as planed so shouldn't have to reshuffle much. The machines haven't been positioned yet just all hiding together in the middle of the shop
    Tack Hama spent all day today grinding her concrete floors in her office but didn't quie get finished so I will be on the end of the grinder tomorrow. Oh fun, oh joy.
    More photos tomorrow
    Thanks for the compliments Champbezio and thank you to your wife. Most of my work goes to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane even one to Alice Springs.

Talk to you all tomorrow
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au

A good edge takes a little sweat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Claw Hama View Post
    Hi Guys, Yes flat level space, something I have never had. Here I have a lovely flat floor and a high roof so I don't take out the fluros every time I turn a piece of timber around. My floors were all so uneven I never new untill I delivered a table if it was going to sit flat on the floor (true as I sit here typing) it was always a relief when it didn't rock. The central part of the workshop is to be kept clear other than when finishing off a project. Somewhere to sit a large table for assembly etc.
    Bad new Ray , this place was probably built in the 40's so the little boys room or in our case, old farts room is upstairs. (mental picture of you on the end of a chain block) at the moment we do have a ramp into the workshop so thats a help.
    The bench layout is very similar in some ways to my old workshop so I'm pretty sure it will all work as planed so shouldn't have to reshuffle much. The machines haven't been positioned yet just all hiding together in the middle of the shop
    Tack Hama spent all day today grinding her concrete floors in her office but didn't quie get finished so I will be on the end of the grinder tomorrow. Oh fun, oh joy.
    More photos tomorrow
    Thanks for the compliments Champbezio and thank you to your wife. Most of my work goes to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane even one to Alice Springs.

Talk to you all tomorrow
    No worries Mark always best to check what one may need in a hurry.............back wall is looking good or closest ............hang 5 there is a railway station directly opposite if they do not have one I can sue them

When WiP crew is atteneding I can see a steady stream heading across the road.

See if you had left one of the ramps in Sawdust Maker could have pushed me up to that level coming down would be fun.

Concrete grinding oh the dust the noise. Will she be painting it?

Ray, I just had an image of you pushing off from the top of the half pipe and shooting into the air on the other side to land on the mezzanine.
    I think we will have to talk Claw into putting the ramp back in.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by NCArcher View Post
    Ray, I just had an image of you pushing off from the top of the half pipe and shooting into the air on the other side to land on the mezzanine.
    I think we will have to talk Claw into putting the ramp back in.
    Only need part of it to be put back in.

Best fit the seat belt crash helmet and ...........

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Best fit the seat belt crash helmet and ...........
    When have you ever seen Evil Kenevil use a seat belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    When have you ever seen Evil Kenevil use a seat belt?
    In his car

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    In his car

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast