Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Images of household furniture from 1900 to 1950

Hi all,
    I am looking for images of household furniture from several eras. Kitchen, dining, bedroom, sitting room, washroom, bathroom. I have something from everywhere. I want to get an impression of original finishes or a modern take on the *original* finish. I want to know how their maker intended them to appear.

Some time ago I added the remnants of my Dad's unfinished projects as well as his gramophone collection to my own project list. He used to gather bits and pieces that complimented his main interest (the gramophones) and I now own various small tables, cupboards and cabinets that all need attention. Some need repair and some need total re-finish.

So can anyone suggest a source of images of household furniture as they appeared originally ?
    dabbler

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

rogerjenkins Guest

Default Furniture from 1900 - 1950 era

Hmmmmm,- Might be able to 'elp you a bit. Have an extensive set of photocopies taken from a book titled, History of Chairs in Australia. ,- I can photocopy the photocopies, if that's any help to you. They will be on A3 size paper, ( 297mm x 420mm. ), so require a Postal Address to send the photocpies to., as it is a bit hard to put A3 size through an ordinary scanner, especially when there about a 100 or so pages involved !!!
    I do know there is a complete section on the old Melbourne Chair Factory , photos, and all, which manufactured the, Kangaroo brand chairs, ( amongst other things ), for many years. *** These chairs had a Kangaroo, & Emu pattern stamped into the top of the chair back.
    Anyway, " Send me a PM, if you are interested. "
    Roger
    Last edited by rogerjenkins; 21st February 2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: can't spell, - can't read straight,- left half a line out !!!!

Hi Dabbler

I might also suggest looking for old catalogues from the department stores of the day. I remember seeing over the years many of these that show the furniture available "in situ".

Cheers

Cam