Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default jarrah veneer speakers - photos

Gday guys,
    This is a repost from another forum, about overclocking computers, that I thought I would put up here as well, seeing as I am quite proud of my work, and used a lot of advice given here, as well as a supplier for the veneer recommended by you guys.

I have a deluxe package from the Loud Speaker Kit ( www.theloudspeakerkit.com.au ), and as part of the deal they had a while back they gave out 2 free m4's (bookshelf speakers) with any package bought, so I thought I would practice my veneering and finishing on them first, before progressing to my other more expensive speakers.

The finish is real Jarrah veneer, and yes, it was quite hard to do, and consumed quite a lot of time.

I will do a full write up and FAQ later, but for now here are pics of the compeleted M4's.

any advice you guys could give me in regards to the finish I have attained, how to make it better etc would be much appreciated, this is my first real project working with wood.

I am thinking of putting another coat or 2 of oil on the speakers also (with more sanding), to attain a more mirror-like finish, as although it feels very smooth to my hand, the finest sandpaper grain I got down to was 800 wet sanding with the danish oil. (it only has 2 coats on)

please keep in mind also that everything here was done by hand, I used almost no power tools at all in the production of these, except for a dremel to cut the actual veneer.

Thanks a lot for your time guys, feedback welcomed

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

hey buddy,

i have a floor standing speaker with damaged veneer and would like if you could give me a couple of pointers.

the speaker veneer is black thats all i can tell you really very new to this i need to know what type of veneer would be on the old speaker and where to buy veneer from i need about 2.5m x 40cm the speakers are about 5 years old

if you could shed some light that would be appreciated

heads up on the speakers by the way you did a wicked job!!!

kind regards

hans