Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Weissenborn Copy #5

Here is a weissenborn copy guitar finished a month ago. I have experimented with the bracing on this one like all the others and I'm happy with the tone. This one is all Australian Blackwood from Steve at Dorrigo Tonewoods. The appointments are Indian Rosewood and it has a K&K Mini Western pickup system fitted.

Here are a few pictures. Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Alan

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Beautiful Alan,
    I've said it before ,do you ever sleep? A Weissy is on my list but first I want to knock up a primitive soild body to fool around with and see if it suits me.
    Cheers, Bill

Thanks Bill. This one was up to closed box stage before November last year as was the first Archtop. I had been working on a dready for my son and the all blackwood 018 guitar which was also up to closed box. So I have been slowly doing the finish on each project since my illiness late last year. I'm coming good slowly and hope to be back at work next week. The finish on the weissenborn was tru-oil over shellac. Won't use that again, don't like it. So I have my sons dready to do the shellac process on and then my next two projects. Hmmmmm..stay tuned....

Thanks mate

Cheers

Alan

Default Weissenborn

Quote Originally Posted by ozziebluesman View Post
    Thanks Bill. This one was up to closed box stage before November last year as was the first Archtop. I had been working on a dready for my son and the all blackwood 018 guitar which was also up to closed box. So I have been slowly doing the finish on each project since my illiness late last year. I'm coming good slowly and hope to be back at work next week. The finish on the weissenborn was tru-oil over shellac. Won't use that again, don't like it. So I have my sons dready to do the shellac process on and then my next two projects. Hmmmmm..stay tuned....

Thanks mate

Cheers

Alan
    Another nice build Alan, you sure are knocking them out, I love the weissenborn to me it is all stringed instruments rolled into one a juke box on its own.
    I should have one by the end of the year as I am having about 5 different instruments built in total to showcase my tonewoods and the beauty of it all is I can claim them on my business, but I will get to finish off my own weissenborn build one of these days when I get the time in between my business that is flat out plus trying to sell a house and then the building of my New House off the back of my shop but I will get there.
    Cheers Bob

Beautiful Allan,

I am thinking of doing a lapsteel for my son one of these days, so may start pestering you for advice

regards
    Alastair

Thanks Bob for your comments.

Alastair: Thanks mate! Yep, fire away questions when you are ready.

Cheers

Alan