Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default MSL-3815 Wood Lathe

G'day all

A mate of mine has expressed interest in purchasing one of these lathes after seeing it at Toowoomba Woodworks (Carba-Tec brand). Timbecon also sell it with the 'optional range of colours' as long as it is orange. It retails for about $1000.00 from both Carba-Tec and Timbecon with an optional outrigger attachment.
    Has anyone got one of these or used one? It would be interesting to see what owners/users thought of these lathes. I've attached an image out of the Carba-Tec online catalogue.

I never try and get my ambitions and capabilities mixed up, but a few cold beers, on a hot day, and well, you all know what happens next!

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Have used one, not bad, not a Vicmarc offcourse. Note that the Carbatec one comes complete with outboard turning as well as a lightweight stand. Timbecon charges the same price but the outboard rig and stand is NOT included.

It seems to be based on a record design and from memory I think it is from Taiwan and not China.............that is the Carbatec ( when I enquired ). I have no idea about the wherefrom of the Timbecon one.

Definately is good value at $995-00 including the outboard rig. I would suggest a custom made stand or bench for it though.

Happy lathe hunting.