Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Aircell on walls

Got left over Aircell insulation which I want to use on the walls. But I have no idea how to use it so it work. On the roof is on top of the top hats and between the them and the roofing.
    The walls are already on my shed. I have mdf to line the walls with. So, how to I attach the insulation? Staple it to the mdf? Run small battens and glue the Aircell to that?

Does it matter if it touches the wall lining?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Onezero View Post
    Got left over Aircell insulation which I want to use on the walls. But I have no idea how to use it so it work. On the roof is on top of the top hats and between the them and the roofing.
    The walls are already on my shed. I have mdf to line the walls with. So, how to I attach the insulation? Staple it to the mdf? Run small battens and glue the Aircell to that?
    It works better if an air gap is left between the outer wall material and the aircell, and also it forms a complete sealed barrier across the wall. I just taped mine to the wall studs and fixed the gyprock on top of that.

Does it matter if it touches the wall lining?
    No it will be fine.

Ok good. Because I got impatient and started. The Aircell is 50mm off the outside wall Colorbond. Am not doing all the walls as one doesn't even get direct light and half of another will have a 600 deep cupboard along half.
    Anyone know why it is gold side out. I thought silver would be more reflective than gold.

What was used in the shed and the house both had the silver side facing in.
    Cheers
    Wolffie
    Every day is better than yesterday

Cheers
    SAISAY

Ok good. Because I got impatient and started. The Aircell is 50mm off the outside wall Colorbond. Am not doing all the walls as one doesn't even get direct light and half of another will have a 600 deep cupboard along half.
    Direct sunlight is not the only heat source. Even if a shed was permanently in the shade under a big tree it would still be worth insulating the whole shebang. When it's 35+C outside, it's the infra-red in the air that that you need to worry about and it's this form of heat that easily penetrates sheet metal and is going to be coming thru the gaps in your wall insulation. Cupboards are also poor barrier as the heat goes thru them pretty easily compare to aircell.

Anyone know why it is gold side out. I thought silver would be more reflective than gold.
    Reflective to visible light yes, but gold is more reflective to infra red.

Quote Originally Posted by BobL View Post
    Direct sunlight is not the only heat source. Even if a shed was permanently in the shade under a big tree it would still be worth insulating the whole shebang. When it's 35+C outside, it's the infra-red in the air that that you need to worry about and it's this form of heat that easily penetrates sheet metal and is going to be coming thru the gaps in your wall insulation. Cupboards are also poor barrier as the heat goes thru them pretty easily compare to aircell.

Reflective to visible light yes, but gold is more reflective to infra red.
    Will try and get my hands onto more then. I didn't think about ambient heat or IR heat. I have some Tontine insulation as well so I will double insulate some parts. Walls have 16mm MDF + Aircell so HOPEFULLY that will keep some of the heat at bay.

Am enjoying escaping out there at the moment. NIce to have a place I can do whatever I want in and no one bitches at me if I leave tools around or don't sweep up my mess.

Am enjoying escaping out there at the moment. NIce to have a place I can do whatever I want in and no one bitches at me if I leave tools around or don't sweep up my mess.
    Amen!

Toowoomba and Online at www.shedblog.com.au

One major reason for the gold/orange on Aircell products is the anti glare property for installers working in the outdoors. Their products like Retroshield do not have the coating on one side as it is used indoors, out of the sun.
    Steel Sheds in Australia Helpful information for people looking to buy, build, extend or renovate a steel shed. www.shedblog.com.au