Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Man Cave Organizing

The ongoing quest for the organized man cave, , basically the purpose was to use up four draws I picked up from an auction some time back, just had to take the paint off I ended up with two sets of draws within a frame that then slot into the existing shelving, I then made up a pair of narrow draws to take up the remaining height and to store all those small bits in....

The parts for frames ready to glue and an existing draw, joins are basic half laps and through dado, and a completed frame
    Attachment 208982Attachment 208983Attachment 208981

It was a fluke that the draws were of a size that once in the made up frame would then fit into my existing shelving system, works quite well, I made up some dividers from some left over 3mm thick ply for the narrow draws
    Attachment 208984Attachment 208985

Pete

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Im just starting a refit of my workshop, im a fan of shallow draws, very easy to keep things sorted esp with sections, in one part of my no2 workshop area i have a wall with about 60 draws that are around15cm wide,10 cm high and30cm deep....they are great

Quote Originally Posted by pjt View Post
    The ongoing quest for the organized man cave
    Some would say it's a never ending quest Pete. I'm eternally reorganising or tidying. Great stuff with the drawers though
    -Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sjt View Post
    Some would say it's a never ending quest Pete. I'm eternally reorganising or tidying. Great stuff with the drawers though
    I have tried reorganising and I still reckon there is never enough room in any blokes shed.
    Dave,
    hug the tree before you start the chainsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by sjt View Post
    I agree with all the statements .
    I noticed this thread and thought I'd ask you guys how you store your nuts, bolts, screws, washers, in fact all those fiddly little things. At the moment I've got a few assorted drawer systems plus a few ice cream containers full of assorted bits and pieces. Has anyone found a decent drawer system at a reasonable price that can be added to as the need requires. There are some drawers at Bunnies that aren't bad, but they don't have dividers in them .

I hope you don't think that I've hijacked your thread Pete .

Attachment 209385 Attachment 209386 Attachment 209387 Attachment 209388 Attachment 209389
    To grow old is inevitable.... To grow up is optional

Confidence, the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

What could possibly go wrong.

FenceFurniture is offline The prize lies beneath - hidden in full view

GJ, this is how I solved that rather annoying problem. It works a treat because it is so easily customisable. Since then I have made some drawers/trays that are double the width of the steel ones shown, and only have a single layer of parts boxes sitting on a sheet of non-slip mat. There's a PDF at the bottom of the post to aid with the cutting plan.

Cheers, Brett
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY
    Jan-Feb 2019 Click to send me an email

These are the new trays:

Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY

Quote Originally Posted by pjt View Post
    . . . . It was a fluke that the draws were of a size that once in the made up frame would then fit into my existing shelving system . . . .
    I like these flukes.

Nice pics guys - keep posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy John View Post
    I agree with all the statements .
    I noticed this thread and thought I'd ask you guys how you store your nuts, bolts, screws, washers, in fact all those fiddly little things. At the moment I've got a few assorted drawer systems plus a few ice cream containers full of assorted bits and pieces. Has anyone found a decent drawer system at a reasonable price that can be added to as the need requires. There are some drawers at Bunnies that aren't bad, but they don't have dividers in them .

I hope you don't think that I've hijacked your thread Pete .
    That's OK John it's all relevant, many years ago I had a 20l drum full of nuts and bolts, one day I decided to sort it all out into tins, (emptied tins of beetroot or peaches or whatever) I still do this today for all those nuts and bolts, etc, that need a home, Brett's system would be good as the tins, maybe a bit more compact in some circumstances, I do try to keep some things in their original containers, (especially if it's a nice container) but if it's a useless PITA container it goes into a tin, with the nice containers I like to arrange them so that the one I want (packet of 50mm bullet head nails for e.g) is the one I can grab straight up so I setup multiple narrow width shelves at the back of a wider cupboard to suit the height of the nice container plus a bit to get hold of it, well that's my plan anyway it's still evolving.
    You could do this with those plastic boxes stacked up in the cupboard as a suggestion.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by FenceFurniture View Post
    These are the new trays:

The draws look good Brett the single layer system looks to be a simpler system over the double layer system, both probably have there advantages tho

Pete

Cheers Pete.
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY

Excellent storage solution there Brett, a little over the top for me though. I'm not that neat and I'm really just looking for something I can purchase. I might try a few auctions and see what I can pick up there. I've also got a carousel type system kicking around in the grey matter that I might investigate further.
    To grow old is inevitable.... To grow up is optional

Confidence, the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

What could possibly go wrong.

Thanks GJ.
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY

Default More man cave organizing

I was moving some timber around out at the timber stash, there was some bloodwood I milled a few yrs back so I decided to use some of it for more storage solutions in the man cave, I made up a set of draws for more stuff and a set of open shelves to house chisels/files and the like, I moved one set of the existing draws and slotted the new in.
    I also wanted a solution for handsaws, so I madeup a box with dividers for the saws to slide into, with enough spare slots for new ones
    Attachment 214975Attachment 214976Attachment 214977

Pete

The extra draws are good. I am not sure on the saw slots as dust can be a problem. Then again I have not come up with a solution for me saws as yet. So really I can not comment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast