Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: shed wiring

Default shed wiring

hi a question for the electricians on here i had the shed wired up by my dads mate he is an electrician two years ago and he only put 4mm cable in im looking to upgrade to 6 mm and want to know whats the max amp circuit breaker that i can go . my dads mate said 30amp is max the 4mm thats in there now has a 25amp breaker. 5 amp is not a lot of upgrade. upgrading because i just bought a tig welder combo unit ,tig,stick and plasma cutter in one and it needs a 20 amp socket.what i have got in there know would probably work but i will be running a 15amp air compressor as well sometime and a radio,tv,fridge and that would definitely trip the breaker

all the work will be done by a electrician just want to know the max amp 6mm can take before i buy the wire for him to install

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Brendon, it depends on how it is installed and a number of other things but in a typical shed supply situation the max current for 6mm² is between 34 and 53 amps.
    Tell your electrician exactly what you want to run at any one time and he will be able to work out what size cable you need. He will also need to asses the supply to the house and work out if it can comfortably handle the additional load. Unfortunately it is not a straight answer but it is different for every installation. A lot of factors need to be taken into consideration.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au