Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default help needed with huanyang VFD remote wiring diagram. .

need help with verifying if the attached remote wiring diagrams of a huanyang vfd are correct.
    searched many forums, though no luck in finding a diagram,

multi input settings are

PD 044 FOR- set 02 (forward).
    forward switch completes circuit, at the same time the off position switch opens, (reverse switch is open)

PD 045 REV- set 03 (reverse)
    reverse switch completes circuit, at the same time the off position switch opens, (forward switch is open)

PD 046 RST- set 04 (stop)
    stop switch completes circuit, the reverse and forward switch are open.

(pd 044-045-046 is the lathes for/stop/rev switch).

PD 047 SPH- set 07 (jog forward)
    unsure if another input terminal is used in combination with forward jog, the manual states that when set to 06, it's jog (jogging), even though there are 2 other settings used to forward jog and reverse jog,
    "What other dimension can this VFD be jogged".

PD 048 SPM- set 13 (emergency stop)
    is it o.k to use this for the lathes foot brake switch, and how does this differ from a normal stop ?
    can the lathes brake be used, as it takes time to power down ?

The second diagram shows the power input and motor output system, mainly concerned about the non fuse breaker and front panel on/off switch.
    will the meter box breaker do, and is it o.k. to use the front panel on/off switch to cut the 240v supply to the VFD even in a situation when the lathe is running ?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hi lather,
    Is this for your 960? Is the control wiring for the single phase motor still all there or have you removed it?

While the manual is unclear I think you'll find "jog fwd" and "jog rev" jog the vsd with a single wire. "jog" sets the vsd to jog speed then you control direction with the fwd or rev circuits.

The manual doesnt say if emg stop does anything the normal stop doesnt do.(on my Teco emg stop uses the brake even if the VSD is set for coasting stop). As your lathe has a brake I'd set it to coasting stop and use the brake(unless you are trying out something like autostop threading to shoulder). If the motor is ramping down it will fight the brake(though the brake would likely win).

Removing the supply while the lathe is running isnt a good idea. If you are talking about an emergency thats different.

While the wiring you have drawn will work, I'd go about it a little differently.(certainly keeping some of the control logic if its still there)

Stuart

Stuart,
    the lathe is the same as a 3 phase 540, don't have the 960 anymore.

The front panel ON/ OFF switch would only be used in an emergency, though unsure if cutting the 240v power would stop the lathe quicker in an emergency.

will play around with the inputs, main concern is if the lathe would restart after applying the lathe brake, if the FOR/REV lever was left in the ON position.

Is the factory control wiring still there?

In an emergency you will likely go for what ever stop swith you notmally use. If the brake is any good at all it will most likely stop the lathe at least as fast as anything else.

Havent used the emg stop circuit on a huanyang drive so I cant say for sure. I'll try later if I get a minute.

Stuart

Well that was interesting.
    First there is a error in the manual. In the basic wiring area SPM = multi 5 and SPL= multi 6. In the parameter function list P049=SPM(D6)....... it doesn't. P049 is for SPL.

If you make a circuit(a bad thing for an emg stop anyway I think) to SPL with P049=13 the VSD stops. It restarts once that circuit is removed.

Stuart

thanks Stuart,

Will play around with it once it's wired.

The brake is the fastest way to stop if it works the one on my lathe will stop a 10" chuck from 1800 rpm in less than a second, there is no way the vfd will do that even though it has a braking resistor.

One thing to watch, the brake switch must put the VFD into freewheel stop not decelerated stop, otherwise the VFD will try to drive the spindle against the brake. If the VFD does not have freewheel stop, DC injection braking is another option which will not cause the VFD to drive the spindle during braking.

If the factory wiring has been removed, make sure your circuit unlathes on power loss. Make sure the emergency stop(isolate) switch can handle the current of the supply side of the VSD.

Stuart

Stuart,
    decided against using the front panel emergency switch to cut the VFD power, as it's only rated at 6A.
    wired the emergency stop button to the SPL input.
    The only original switch gear being used, are the front panel coolant pump switch,(using my old 240V pump), and the emergency stop/reset switch, now connected to the multi input.

If the factory wiring has been removed, make sure your circuit unlathes on power loss
    you lost me!

Crossfeed,
    is it possible to setup a VFD, so when using the lathe brake it switches to a coasting stop, and when turning it off normally it uses decelerated braking.

I see no reason to use the SPL input as emg stop(I assume you have it set to 13? did you use PD048 or PD049?). It requires the making of a circuit which is a bad thing for emg stops(if the circuit is broken you wont know until you try and use it). When the circuit to the SPL input is removed if the other controls havent been unlatched the lathe will restart, also not good.

I assume you've used the switch on the brake?

Do you have the old control gear?
    If you are just using switches to control the VSD on the Huanyang there doesnt seem to be a way to stop the VSD from restarting after power loss. So the controls you add should unlatch on power loss. You dont want to be setting up the lathe when someone else turns the power point for the lathe on, only to find that the lathe is starting up.

You'll need some way of unlatching anyway for the brake pedal to work properly.

As far as having two ways to stop the lathe. coasting and decelerating. On a Teco you could but it doesnt seem so on the Huanyang.

A rough description of unlatching is when the controls either
    return to neutral and off when power is loss
    or
    return to off and force you to return them to neutral
    before they will restart the VSD.

Stuart

In general the braking resistor setup on these units doesnt work as the circuitry behinf the PR and P+ terminals doesn't exist.

As for the wiring of this unit, I wrote a manual on this in the CNC section of this forum. The only difference is I didnt connect it to the foot brake (of a lathe I assume).

https://www.woodworkforums.com/f170/t...ml#post1410920. You would need to look at the first method I wrote up.

I also have a spreadsheet with the settings to get the unit working with a 3 phase motor. If needed i could send you this. You will need to tailor the motor settings according to your 3 phase motor, but from memory it is set to 1440 unit

Hi seafurymike,
    Interesting that you only need two wires for the pot, I'll have to try that.
    Not so interesting about the braking resistor though I havent tried to use one yet but I had some plans in mind that would use it. Is there an easy well to tell if the required corcuity is or ins't there?

I dont like that wiring set up as it doesnt unlatch* and I cant see how you could make it work with a foot brake.

Stuart

*(each to their own on that one of course)

So the pot in this case is used as a VI, not a VR adjustment. On the right hand side of the connector strips is a soldered jumper pin and by default the units are soldered for VI (current adjustment over voltage adjustment)

There is a question posted today on the CNC forum specifically on the use of the braking resistor and how he cant get it to work. Looking back on some posts that mark hastings put up he found the issue with the lack of connectivity behind the P pins.

Yep, i suspect there is a way to interface the foot brake, but it would probably involve using some external control circuitry connecting back into the VFD some how. More of a question for the sparky minded people in the forums maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by seafurymike View Post
    So the pot in this case is used as a VI, not a VR adjustment. On the right hand side of the connector strips is a soldered jumper pin and by default the units are soldered for VI (current adjustment over voltage adjustment)
    My understanding of that jumper is it is used for selcting an internal or external speed pot is used. You can select current control but thats done with PD070 I believe(I've never tried it)

There is a question posted today on the CNC forum specifically on the use of the braking resistor and how he cant get it to work. Looking back on some posts that mark hastings put up he found the issue with the lack of connectivity behind the P pins.
    Thanks I'll chase it up.
    Certainly looks like there is wiring running to the P pin and a track to the Pr pin...... of couse that doesnt mean there is anything on the other end lol

Yep, i suspect there is a way to interface the foot brake, but it would probably involve using some external control circuitry connecting back into the VFD some how. More of a question for the sparky minded people in the forums maybe.
    If he hadnt taken out the factory controls he would have it hehe

Stuart

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast