Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Never a dopey idea to get your feet away from the cold of the concrete.

Have a water barrier then a roll of the insulation they use for floating floors then yellow tounge flooring makes life on the feet and calves a lot better.

Then top it of with rubber mats at places you stand a lot and your back will love you.

All about comfort when in the man cave.
    Jim Carroll
    One Good Turn Deserves Another. CWS, Vicmarc, Robert Sorby, Woodcut, Tormek, Woodfast
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Use mushroom pins to fixHH3 (dyna or loxon bolts will work loose over a period of time and concrete nails do not pull the battens down tight to the floor)battens to floor,with plastic sheeting on concret first (stops sweating). DONT use particle board flooring, it delaminates under vibration, mechanical traffic. Use minimum22mm flooring ply, glued and SCREWED (nails will fail) and seal with one of the industrial grade flooring finishes.

I have done many floors this way and never had a call back or complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by rwbuild View Post
    Use mushroom pins to fixHH3 (dyna or loxon bolts will work loose over a period of time and concrete nails do not pull the battens down tight to the floor)battens to floor,with plastic sheeting on concret first (stops sweating). DONT use particle board flooring, it delaminates under vibration, mechanical traffic. Use minimum22mm flooring ply, glued and SCREWED (nails will fail) and seal with one of the industrial grade flooring finishes.

I have done many floors this way and never had a call back or complaint.
    If it delaminates under vibration why is mine still intact? How much vibration does it take to delaminate? I have had a lot of machinery running on it, table saws, jointers etc.
    CHRIS

My observations from years of experience, though, I will admit that it has a lot to do with the type of machine and size.
    Regards, Ray

Ray, to be perfectly honest I have found no issues with it at all apart from some that I caused. For a hobbyist workshop I think it is a great material far better than ply. Ply is actually quite thin in practical terms in that the top layer can be easily damaged whereas the pineboard flooring is fairly immune to impacts etc and if it does suffer is only dented.
    CHRIS

Your satisfied with what you have observed, I am satisfied with what I have observed, no doubt others will have their views.

All very interesting ideas.

I recently purchased a S/H shed 19mx11m now all I have to do is find a block of land to put it on, convert part of it for living in and build a new home.

But then I said this a few years ago but have just est. a new business thats taking precidence and money but one has to dream and plan.
    The MDF/chip was only a suggestion
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12