Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default I will not tell you again, It's My Space

New Workshop

Well everybody it has happen, I finally got out of the flat and away from the tenant from the land of " don't make any noise or i will complain" and moved 15 km out of town into a three bedroom house on 3000m2 of land.

#Now I think I am a very lucky person, No i have to retracts hat statement and say that I am extremely privileged, to be offered a home with the room to move, and the space to do my woodworking, welding and at last get ourselves a dog. 'with permission from Mo and Zuse' our long departed Rotti's.#

The house and land itself belongs to the family that I work with, please understand that I don't feel that that I "Work" for this family, for I'm am active member in the ongoing successes of the business, my input is taken on, as well my advise is asked for. not always correct, and the smarter I work when comes to the services the we provide, more work we get and no health and safety concerns.

The Move

The relocation of my family started december 2011, when i was offered the house, the down side of this is I had to wait 6 months, well that gave me time to plan. Things I need to do.

1. #Start cleaning out the workshop, "one week later", I think I mite come back to that
    2. #Packing clothes that aren't being used in to boxes
    3. #Find a shipping container for a good price
    4. #Make sure the the school bus goes down that road ( the child will miss the bus once)
    5. #Check for Internet access
    6.# Looked at packing up the workshop again. I only looked I didn't do anything

Well all the important thing have been checked

27 May 2012
    Got a shipping container for $500, it's not in great shape but it will be perfect. The photo was taken about a week after we moved in

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...7/0cb74a53.jpg

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

You won't know yourself with all that space and no close neighbours.
    Enjoy it.
    Scally

Sound like you have found your piece of heaven, well 3000m2 of it.

More photos so we can be truly jealous...

Russell
    vapourforge.com

Ok we're did I put that

The shipping container was delivered to the new house two week before the move, all the workshop tools and equipment and any gear that is not being used will moved into the container, on later reflection that was a bad move. Because the tool or gear I needed to use was all at the back or under something

Three weeks later, and we have moved in one truck load, don't you love tail gate lifters. Got a lone of the truck from the bread delivery. All the house gear is inside and all I have left in the container is the my stuff as Maygen put it.#
    Now the general layout of the space will be as you look from the doors, down the left side will be cyclone dust extraction, power tool storage, large work bench, drill bench, project storage racks, overhead rack for short lengths of timber
    On the right side will be miter saw bench and router table, now on this side there will be duel door opening of 2.4 Mt. The container has a beam running down the length of the unit the height is 200 mm ( 20 cm) so my plan is to raise the floor up to sit on the beam, which will give me under floor storage, place to run the power, air and the dust extraction pluming

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...7/af7785af.jpg

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...7/93a73097.jpg

first photos not loading

first photo in post 4 needs .jpg suffix; when you click on it, and it appears in the address panel of your browser add the missing 'g'; then it loads

Mark

Thanks for letting me know about the link not working. The only problem that I have run into so far, that there is no broadband net work other than Wi-Fi and nextG and I'm not going to pay the price for such a small download limit. If this is the only problem I have than that's great.

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...7/a3785dcb.jpg

Small suggestion, if you are not already doing it, is to rig up a roof over the container from corrugated iron on 2x4's - second hand iron will do, and you can use the corner sockets to hold it in place.

Most older containers leak like a sieve, and anything that will make the rain run off rather than pool on the top of the container will keep the contents drier, and the air space will keep the container cooler in summer if the side/s are also shaded a bit as an added bonus.

Thanks for the suggestion, there was 17 small holes and 3 holes about the size of a 20 cent piece in the roof, I spent a day on the roof with the LPG and oxy brazing holes and cutting out the big one's and plating. The roof of the container has 3 round hatches these will be replaced with square reinforced skylights. I'm in the process of collecting the roofing iron and tophat from building sites around mackay. It's dumpster diving central.

All ways remember " Ask if you can have before you take, and only from the bin or the dump pile"

First area - dust extraction / compressor / air filter unit

The first area is 1200x1000 and the full height of the inside of the container, it will be a closed off area from the rest of the workshop, opening the left hand container door I will be able to access the saw dust bin. I will be building a lager cyclone extractor for this area but for now the small one will do. There will be wall, separating the two area's on the workshop side I have already built the base frames for the power tool shelving

Here are two photo's of the back yard from the top side or western side of the yard
    http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...7/b735fa8f.jpg