Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yonnee View Post
    Better stock up on the popcorn Steve... and you might need to give Ross a nudge every so often to wake him up.

Not that I can post much, but have been doing some more research and gathering pictures of '69 Beetles, as well as trying to sort out what colour timber I'll use for each different piece. I'm also going to sit down and try and draw some modifications to the rear roof line... we'll see how that turns out.

If it works, I'll share the modified drawings for anyone who wants to do this Model.
    I've got plenty of munchies. I'm in for the long haul.

I've always loved VWs. Have owned quite a few, from a couple of 64 beetles, to a Superbug, (forget which year that was - roughly '79 I think), to a '74 Kombi, to a '74 twin-cab.
    Great vehicles. I especially like the simplicity of design. Very much like an old bike engine in a lot of ways.
    And for suspension, nothing could be simpler.

The plan modification is the best part, I reckon, and personalises your model.
    I agree with you regarding the roof line - it's what put me off this model when I first saw it on the web a month or two ago.
    ... Steve

-- Monkey see, monkey do --

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Better stock up on the popcorn Steve... and you might need to give Ross a nudge every so often to wake him up.

If it works, I'll share the modified drawings for anyone who wants to do this Model.
    OUCH-! who just poked me,Im awake
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.

The wait is killing me nearly a week and not a piece of wood in sight. Looking forward to the build, I am going to a Transport Rally soon and there is going to be the VW Club UK attending so plenty of opportunities for some photo's. Just a shame I am not building one

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Yes, This seems to be one of the LONGER introductions to a bloke making a model in the recent past......I hope we see some photos & build notes soon...
    May the changed title is a little misleading ????

Quote Originally Posted by crowie View Post
    Yes, This seems to be one of the LONGER introductions to a bloke making a model in the recent past......I hope we see some photos & build notes soon...
    May the changed title is a little misleading ????
    Yeh --I think we will change his name to Yawnee (very slow and sleepy)
    PS this was just seen by my better half and said
    .You thought I had a book full of excuses?

As the song says Yonnee a little less talk and a little more action. Page two and not a piece of wood to be seen. Just make the bloody thing.
    Cheers Elderly

Quote Originally Posted by elderly View Post
    As the song says Yonnee a little less talk and a little more action. Page two and not a piece of wood to be seen. Just make the bloody thing.
    Cheers Elderly
    Elderly,you actually started PAGE 3 (On My Computer) and page 2 on others) and still no action

I've been procrastinating over starting my first timber model for too long now. I've been slowly (over the last 18 months) buying myself some toys to start on my Model making venture (bandsaw, scroll saw, disc sander, thicknesser, and numerous holesaw blades and spade bits. The last thing to get will be a chuck for my wood lathe (that I've had for nearly 20 years, and it's never been out of its box... I said I was a procrastinator!), and I'll be seeing Jim Carroll at the Melbourne Wood show for that.

I've been making Plastic models from kits since I was 9 years old, so this is sort of a natural progression. However trailers, cars, houses and family have put most other things on the back-burner for some time now. But now it's time for a change.

I've chosen the VolksWagon because my father had a 'small rear window' beetle as his first car, and although he's never had one since, he still likes "the people's car". So this one is for him.

First thing to do will be to chose some timber, and I've got a number of large boxes of off-cuts from when my F.I.L. used to make coffins, and bring me offcuts when I asked.

So, this will be a learning journey for me, and for those wishing to tag along, I ask for your patience, and no doubt some help with tips along the way.
    Hi Yonnee I been having a look around the place and come across your post on
    Gatto's VW Beetle... Extremely slow W.I.P.
    I am very slow as well; to give you some idea of things it took me at least 18 months to build two seagrave fire engines from the T&G sight. That was last year and the year before.
    This year in January I started the road grader from same sight with very little progress.
    There has been a bit of a spurt on in last week, I was going to build two at once but I can see that’s not working out and will take me for ever.
    The reason I build two of things is I have two grandsons so it’s one each, any way I have decided to put one on hold and just finish one off.
    As an interim measure I have just about finish a toy grader for the youngest bloke I will have it completed by tomorrow I hope!! He is only four and driving me mad about when the grader will be finished I showed him the picture of this one and he is quite happy with this outcome. The other bloke is into soccer so I am safe for a couple more weeks at least
    Any way it’s good to read about other folks dragging the chain as well as I
    There is another reason that I’m a bit slow I have been traveling for seven months out of the last eighteen in our caravan so I will use this as an excuse as well.
    Here is a link back to my attempt at a WIP and my humour as well.
    https://www.woodworkforums.com/f174/road-graders-155493/
    I have also put a picture in of one of my staff the other ones at soccer or driving his mum & dad mad
    Yonnee please don't go to fast and leave me behind it gets a bit lonely back here.
    Colbra

Ps sorry about the 3 pictures there not a WIP I'm just a very proud POP
    May your saw stay sharp and your nails never bend

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE View Post
    Elderly,you actually started PAGE 3 and still no action

Aussie you must have small computer screens down under I'm still on page two

i think Aussie has changed the number of posts per page and thats why he is already on page 3 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Adrieke View Post
    i think Aussie has changed the number of posts per page and thats why he is already on page 3 :P
    I didn't know you could do that

Quote Originally Posted by Diggerdelaney View Post
    Aussie you must have small computer screens down under I'm still on page two
    Digger I altered my post to keep you happy

Quote Originally Posted by colbra View Post
    Ps sorry about the 3 pictures there not a WIP
    Ya reckon

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

And we've had 3 days of "chit chat" and no Yonnee post.....
    Come on Yonnee, Please, your audience awaits.
    WIP Photos and build notes, thank you.
    Cheers, crowie

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast