Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Double Top Guitars

I am looking for any classical guitar plans that have a second sound board. I am not talking "Sandwich Construction" or some call them "Composite Construction" but, rather, where a second sound board that partially reflects the entire top sound board is added about halfway between the back and the top. I have only seen, so far, one maker who uses this method. According to his web site the second sound board gives a greater sustain.

The link bellow will show some of this builders guitars

Bellucci guitars, Masterpiece guitars

If you go to this page bellow, (as well as seeing many more of his instruments) on the right hand side you will come to 4 photos of the bracing's he uses. One he calls the Double Top Contreras V1 A long way down the page he gives a brief explanation.

Custom order a Bellucci concert guitars

It is that style of double top I am looking for plans for. Do you have any or know of any pans. I emailed the Guitar maker asking if he would sell me cutaway plans with a double top sound board, but he has not responded, so I am looking to see if there are any other makers that use that technique and will sell plans for them

Thank you

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Don't believe anything you see on the Bellucci website
    He is renowned for being a supreme BS artist.

Quote Originally Posted by gordo_burns View Post
    I am looking for any classical guitar plans that have a second sound board. I am not talking "Sandwich Construction" or some call them "Composite Construction" but, rather, where a second sound board that partially reflects the entire top sound board is added about halfway between the back and the top. I have only seen, so far, one maker who uses this method. According to his web site the second sound board gives a greater sustain.
    I find it hard to come up with any sound reasoning behind the second partial top. Cant see any sort of explanation as to how it works on the website.

As Jeff says......alot of stuff makers put on their websites needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

If you want better sustain try a heavier wood for the neck plus a truss rod.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)