Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Just sent you the birdsmouth bumph Alan.

If you roll up it is a great and rare (but hopefully commonplace in future) chance to sail the goat before building.

Also a possible boat launch is not to be missed.

MIK

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Boatmik View Post
    Just sent you the birdsmouth bumph Alan.

If you roll up it is a great and rare (but hopefully commonplace in future) chance to sail the goat before building.

Also a possible boat launch is not to be missed.

MIK
    Finding an excuse not to go will prove most difficult! It's about a 4+ hour drive and after my recent Niagara Falls trip went off so well, I was looking for a reason to take the camper out one more time.

I will have to bring Oliver however...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Cohen View Post

I'll check in at work on Monday and ensure I can snag that Friday off. If so, I'll book campsite #7 and make the drive.
    Just to clarify, we currently have #5-6 EAST. I mistakenly thought that the west loop has their own numbers so I didn't distinguish above.

Please do tell us if you book it. We have another attendee (bringing a Bolger) so the information is important.

Off topic: I wouldn't mind getting hooked on home roast. It's the sort of obsession I tend to dive into (go overboard with?) and it is in keeping with other GIS skippers who brew their own beverages.

I know my way around a Dutch oven; I'm the Scoutmaster for my son's Boy Scout troop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dave
    StorerBoat Builder, Sailor, Enthusiast
    Dave's GIS Chronicles | Dave's Lugs'l Chronicles | Dave's StorerBoat Forum Thread

Quote Originally Posted by davlafont View Post
    Just to clarify, we currently have #5-6 EAST. I mistakenly thought that the west loop has their own numbers so I didn't distinguish above.

Please do tell us if you book it. We have another attendee (bringing a Bolger) so the information is important.

Off topic: I wouldn't mind getting hooked on home roast. It's the sort of obsession I tend to dive into (go overboard with?) and it is in keeping with other GIS skippers who brew their own beverages.
    I just booked #4. #7 was taken already.

These are electric sites so I guess I won't bring my solar panels.

I have 2 extra beds for anyone that wants to bring their boat, but not camping equipment. It's not the Taj, but it's off the ground and dry.

My libation of choice is home-roasted coffee. I will not be consuming much after 7PM! But I would bring enough to supply the troops. The disclaimer is: after tasting fresh roasted coffee, you will not be able to go back to that stale stuff you buy in stores or at DDs.
    There is quite a bit of overlap between the home-build (boats), home-bake (bread), home-brew (beer), and home-roast (coffee) demographic groups. It's the DIY gene. Look carefully and you'll see home-roasting equipment or fermenting beer in the background of many of the build pics in this forum.

I've been roasting my own coffee for 7 or 8 years now. Totally agree that it is a one-way ticket. I feel like a jerk when I bring my own coffee on trips, but I can't stand most of what is available commercially. (And don't even get me started on Charbucks....)

If you bring home-roast, I'll bring homemade beer and whole-grain sourdough.

Apologies for the delayed response...

After reviewing the summer's travels, the condition of the yard & house (somewhat neglected this summer), planned travels later in the fall and the amount of boat work I haven't been able to do lately, we've decided to deprive ourselves of the opportunity to bring Karen Ann to the Goat Gathering. The state of trailer disrepair is also a determining factor.

We are sure we'll miss a fun and wonderful weekend, but we're just not able to make it this year. We are looking forward to the reports and photos...
    Building Gardens of Fenwick, a Welsford Parthfinder
    Gardens of Fenwick
    Karen Ann, a Storer GIS
    Goat Island Skiff - Sacramento

Quote Originally Posted by BobWes View Post
    We are sure we'll miss a fun and wonderful weekend, but we're just not able to make it this year. We are looking forward to the reports and photos...
    Bob, you are excused but only for this year's event; future gatherings are not included!
    Dave
    Dave's GIS Chronicles | Dave's Lugs'l Chronicles | Dave's StorerBoat Forum Thread

It seems my posts take 24 hrs or so to post, so I'm not sure if I pressed the Submit button...

I booked site #4.

7 was already taken. I guess the word has gotten out and this has become a hot ticket

It seems my posts take 24 hrs or so to post, so I'm not sure if I pressed the Submit button...
    Your posts are there now mate.

I once had a home roasted and brewed coffee and it was absolutely the best cup of coffee I ever had! I could smoke a brisket and bring it for sandwiches etc. if that is something that folks would enjoy. Got two coats of varnish on the mast and spars. Think I need to order one more quart of paint to complete the foils. They're usable but not quite fully covered.

I booked site #4.

7 was already taken. I guess the word has gotten out and this has become a hot ticket
    We now have four Goats (two with families), a future Goatee (with camper), a heretical Bolgerite, and a photographer (with RIB).

Our three adjacent campsites should accommodate this crew, but if others want to join in--and they should--we can still book sites 10 and 11 which are opposite our three.

This is gonna be great!

Dave

We now have four Goats (two with families), a future Goatee (with camper), a heretical Bolgerite, and a photographer (with RIB).

Our three adjacent campsites should accommodate this crew, but if others want to join in--and they should--we can still book sites 10 and 11 which are opposite our three.

This is gonna be great.
    I'm psyched. I'm going to bring my photo gear and telescope as well. I can attached the camera to the scope and get some very interesting tripod shots from the beach/dock.

I'm psyched. I'm going to bring my photo gear and telescope as well. I
    Don't forget to bring a PFD...

Dave

Wow, having just started my GIS build, I wish I could make the drive west to see some in action... Hopefully I'll have the goat ready for whatever meetup happens next!

Looking forward to pictures,

---
    mxP
    GIS in Progress

Don't forget to bring a PFD...
    I wear one permanently around my waist. I couldn't sink if I tried.

But I'll bring a spare.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast