Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've been following this WIP with interest. Starting to look good, you're doing a great job. Keep at it and keep posting, including the boring bits.

Peter.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Thank you Peter,
    Kind of you to say.

Next step will be to fit some noggins below the chipboard so I can do the pine lining dado wall.
    Then the shelf in the kickout to store the SCMS when not in use.

Scored an offcut of yellow tongue for the shelf.

Jim
    Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections....

Not a lot of finished work to report on.
    I had a spare few hours a few days ago so got the first bit of pine lining up on the bottom half of the main wall.

Attachment 221323

Everything was going so well right up to the end......when I realised I hadn't put the insulation in first.
    Honestly, some days I shouldn't be allowed out by myself.
    No big problem I guess. A dozen or so screws on the corry will have that off and I'll put the insulation in from that side. Shouldn't take long.

Other than that, most of my time has been in planning and finding bits 'n pieces.
    I costed up the bits to do the remote drain on the compressor as per BobL, and its not viable $ wise. I've got the original fitting off and I'll see what's available to put a right angle bend on it so at least it's easier to get to instead of under the jolly thing.

Also been researching heating and cooling for sheds. My original idea of a LPG patio heater may not be such a good idea after all. I'd overlooked the dangers of using one indoors. That will be on the back burner until next winter now. Prob end up with an electric one.

I've also been taking special note of how I work. F'rinstance....I'm used to having a space over the SCMS that I can put my tape, pencil etc. That's gone now so a shelf is in order in that spot.
    And been working out what hand tools I use on my cat parks so I can get a duplicate set to leave in the shop and thinking where to hang them. I'm tired of getting to a job site and realising I've left something at home. Two of everything should fix that.

I hope to get a bit more done next weekend. I'll need to remove that saw bench to finish and it's bloody heavy. Have to talk to one of my boys about a hand lifting it off and back on.

Picked up a bit of trim for the joint at the dado line and some redwood decking from Bunnies for the saw bench. Still need to get some paint tinted to match the Bosch blue. As per JillB's fine example on her thicknesser cabinet. Loved that look.

Cheers
    Jim
    Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections....

Quote Originally Posted by Grandad-5 View Post
    ....Everything was going so well right up to the end......when I realised I hadn't put the insulation in first. ......
    We all forget something at one stage or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    We all forget something at one stage or another.
    Who are you?
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post
    Who are you?
    Just like Sandy, forgetting how to tell jokes.

Got a bit more done today
    100_0879.jpg

Most of the carpentry done on this wall. AND....I remembered the insulation this time.
    Saw bench has been removed for now to panel behind it and finish the bench itself.
    Shelf in the alcove is a not fastened to anything yet. It's a friction fit in place so I can tap it up or down to line up perfectly with the saw bench once it's back in place.

Next job has to be the painting of the pine so I can re-install the saw bench in front of it.

It's coming along. I can see the finished product in my mind now and just want to get it done. It's going to be great I reckon.

Now, where can I buy some more patience? My supply seems to have run out.

Cheers
    Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12