Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Sawstop

Post Sawstop

Check out this amazing gizmo ! www.sawstop.com

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Looks like there trying to sell the manufacturing rights, rather than advertising the product for sale to consumers. Maybe there after financial backing.. Looks like a good idea though. But one drawback I can see with it, is eventually I could see people purposly touching the blade to stop it after a cut, rather than wait for the blade to slow down by itself.. maybe not....

Red face

I could see people purposly touching the blade to stop it after a cut, rather than wait for the blade to slow down by itself..
    I dunno, a spinning saw blade is a spinning saw blade I reckon it might stuff your blade up anyway as it says something about a metal rod being jammed through the blade to stop it spinning or something, can't be good for it. Of course a blade is worse for your finger though

------------------
    Glenn
    www.woodworkbooks.com

Thumbs up

I think it needs to be fitted at manufacture, and they're trying to licence it to tablesaw manufacturers. Perhaps Triton might be interested if it could be made to fit?

The write-up I saw says it can turn an amputation into a flesh wound. I expect that it would damage the blade and/or the saw, but what the heck if you've still got all your fingers!
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Glenn I have seen some stupid things done, and yes even stopping a saw blade by touching the side of it with fingers.... Thats why I say it wouldnt surprise me, especially if the stupid people ( no disrespect to the stupid people obviously! ) know theres little danger of serious injury..............