Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It sounds like you are well organised and will have a great shed once Council give you the tick.

I envy you having the two sheds side by side. I am getting too much exercise walking from the WIP shed back to the garage whenever I need a clamp, nail, screw, beer etc.

I am hoping there will be less walking to and fro once the new shed is finished.

Have fun.
    Scally

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Wow Col,

Just found your new shed build thread. Very excited for you! Can't wait till you get approval and start building. I too dream someday of building a dedicated woodshop. For now the garage has to do. Looking forward to you build. It is sad to see your veg garden go, but you know your dad would be alright with it because of the new shed. And now you will be able to get another lathe if you want. LOL.

Bret

shhhhhhhhhssssh Col's sleeping

Default Its happening now

Hi All starting to happen and I am getting a bit excited about the shed now concrete poured, delivery and erection before Christmas weather permitting.
    Power on 15 January and then the fit out, might be a delay at this point going to Soldiers Point at Port Stephens for eight weeks as I have done since I was a little bloke earliest memory four years old now sixty five and it was a different world then.
    Colbra
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May your saw stay sharp and your nails never bend

Col isn't that always the way 3 bloke supervising 2 doing the hard yards.

So you'll be having an erection before Christmas Col

8 weeks at beautiful Port Stephens well ok its just the lower side best side is Hawkesnest the upper North Shore where I used to spend many a Christmas holiday. Still the same water fish and far from Sydney.

[QUOTE=wheelinround;1586315]Col isn't that always the way 3 bloke supervising 2 doing the hard yards.

So you'll be having an erection before Christmas Col

HI Ray sure am Pats even more excited than I am its a Christmas present for her as well

Now about the shed ....... If your in the area call in and have a look...... That's the shed I be talking about

Colbra

Col will do but I'll wait till the shed has progressed somewhat and your home.

Well first off …. I would like to wish everyone season’s greetings.
    I am just letting all the folks that have followed this post that the shed is finished
    I have taken some pictures so an inspection can be carried out.
    The power to the new shed will be done on the 15th January.
    I will then start the fit out with work benches storage cupboards etc. I have acquired some telephone exchange cupboards and the master card cupboard with all its drawers.
    All were acquired by legal tender and bought for a fair price.
    The work bench in the old shed that I built 40 years ago will still take top place in the new shed its not a cabinet makers bench, but I am not a cabinet maker so it will do just fine. And at some point I may build one of those fancy benches that automatically turn you into a master cabinet maker.
    No offense to any of our top furniture makers it’s just my humour and the very fact that I am going to do something would bring a smile to all that know me on the forum. I will keep you all informed on my progress of the fit out…..Now if you could all say a little prayer that I may do more and move quicker in 2013.

Colbra

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Wow Col that's surely one great looking shed you now have indeed......jealous I am what!!!
    You have received the best Christmas present there.
    The fit out will be so much fun, you won't know yourself with some much room & space to organize somewhere for everything and everything in its place.
    Next you'll be adding air-conditioning and dust filtration after the electrics are installed....lol
    I'm sure you could have used your old work contacts for some of the old telstra furniture.
    Enjoy the holiday up at Nelsons Bay.
    Cheers, crowie

Col you sure know how to hurt a guy all that space, light, wide doors, spare shed, resting spot between, BUT no toilet or is that out the back.
    It'll make you feel like a new person. Well till you run out of room again.

So no power till Mid Jan that means Shed opening can't be till Australia Day weekend how many tents and vans will fit in your yard Col.

Hi Pete & Ray
    Thanks for taking a look it’s always great to get a reply from you blokes.
    I suppose the fit out will take a while but there is no great hurry, I still have power in the old shed and that will remain connected with its own sub mains from the house supply. I will work from there and gradually move to the new shed.
    The new power feed is 16mm cable with 50 amp circuit breakers I believe, I am going to have about six 15 amp out lets along with 10 amp power and lighting circuits.
    Also the storm water is not finished I will do that as soon as the water tank turns up that is also on the 15 January I forgot to mention that council is making me put the tank in because the roof area is greater than 50 square metres. There will also be wireless security system in the new shed and the old shed will remain hard wired system just to change the direction of things for a moment I am including a plan for a small work bench that you could make mobile quite easily and for the bench top I would use that 40 mm think laminated pine from Bunnings it looks really great heavy duty stuff maybe if others have used it they might like to make comment on it.
    Stay safe Col

PS Ray about the toilet if you look at the first picture you can see it I have put it there so I can have a yarn to Pat while she is putting the washing on the line plus some times the next door neighbors stick there head over the fence for a yarn
    Attached Files Attached Files

I had noticed that Col reason I brought it to your attention I didn't want to see you become bogged down. in your garden.

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Good bench plan Col....
    You could also use recycled 4x2 hardwood for the bench top and use the same method of joining it.
    A woodwork teacher I used to know did that with his kitchen bench tops & they came up a treat.
    I'll try to find the copy of it on the old computer..
    Cheers, crowie

New shed looks great and this looks like the perfect place to park a DC?

After Forty Years-cpad-jpg

I like what you have done to the new shed. I hope that I will not counter too much but are our work areas truly finished.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast