Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    I like what you have done to the new shed. I hope that I will not counter too much but are our work areas truly finished.
    Hi Chistos I am pleased you liked what I have done...... if you read back to the previous message that I put in on this post it explains in some detail about the fit out and a time frame but that's my time frame so who knows I have not even mentioned that I am going to Port Stephens for a couple of months in about 6 weeks so just to sum up, shed finished fit out not, and may take a little time I hope to have the road grader finished by the time I have finished the fit out and that would make two things I have finished in two years

PS Wishing you and your family good wishes for this festive season
    Colbra
    May your saw stay sharp and your nails never bend

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default The fit out the sequel to after forty years

I would like to start and deal with the second part of the shed, that has just been built for me by algal sheds I have been quite happy with their work and the trades people were all very professional.
    So the second part is the fit out which I have started on, there is a long bench which over all is 3.5 meters although the bench is made up on one frame attached to the C channel by tech screws and to the concrete floor by 70mmx6mm angle plus 12mm dina bolts. you may think I have over engineered things a little here but I use to tie the Queen Mary UP....
    There are two separate levels, 70mm difference between them. The lower level I will put the bobbin sander 25mm belt sander 3wheels band saw turned into a 15mm belt sander and a 10mm sander made from a small band saw there is thread to this small sander very handy with toy and model making and a small wood turning lathe if there is not enough room for the lathe I will make a small stand and put it on the back wall.
    I also have a 10 inch Dewalt contractors table saw on wheels which will fit under the bench out of the way when not in use.
    The draws will be made up on 48 x18 mm wooden frames with draw slides this will all be completed and then dropped into place the top of the bench will remain unattached till the draws are finished after that part of the fit out, I will put the 12mm pine panelling over the frame giving it a reasonable looking finish.

I am not sure how the pine top will fair with time it is 30mm thick finger jointed pieces, If I could get some feedback that would great although it’s done now.
    I may even put a hardwood top on later over the pine in the meantime, I will give it several coats of estapol or something similar once again there may be some one that had some advice on the best product to use to give a tuff resilient finish to the top of the bench.
    I have taken a couple of pictures of the bench so far the last one is of my first bench I built over forty year ago when I first got married and lived in a flat in Newcastle I built it in the kitchen I made so much noise the other tenant complained to the landlord and I was put on a good behavior if I wanted to stay the out come of all this was I got part time work repairing some odds and ends .... did not make much money on the PMG in those days

What I have done so far with the fitout is very is quick by my work rate, I have not wandered off down the street to the boat ramp for five days I just wanted to have something to show before I go on holidays…… well so there now I have worn myself out writing this I might have an early night LOL Colbra

FIT OUT 1.jpgFIT OUT 2.jpgFIT OUT 3.jpgFIT OUT4.jpgFIT OUT 5.jpgFIT OUT 6.jpg

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Default Good progress...

Well done Col, you are making good headway with the "good ship shed".
    Can't wait to see more.
    Enjoy your holiday and catch a few fish for me.
    Cheers, crowie

Well those benches aren't moving anywhere in a hurry .

Great job.
    Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? -- Sun Tzu

I've just tuned in - Happy new shed !

may you spend many happy hours in each others company
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Thumbs up

I like the look so far!!!

Thank you all for your replies on the fit out I will endeavor to keep the progress reports and work rate up to a respectable level although this now is up to the electrician as well I was talking to him on the 13 Dec last year and he did say he would turn up on the 15 January this year...... This getting to be nail biting stuff now.
    Just a little side note the council said because the roof area on the shed is greater than 50sq meters I have to have a water tank in complying with this request I have ordered a 3000 liter tank, I all ready have a spear point and pump water for the lawn and garden that's when I had a veg i garden, I also have water connected through the water reticulation system eg:town water.
    I wish I could find which monkey to give the bunch of bananas to at that office.
    Cheers Colbra

Great progress.

I put masonite on my benches that are along the wall. The idea was from the New Yankee Workshop. It is nice and flat plus you replace it when it gets too damaged. Norm had it recessed and held down with a few screws.
    I have the drop aw along the bench and don't hesitate to nail a stop board into the masonite.
    It holds up well.

The only drawback it the dark colour.

In the new shed I plan to glue white melamine sheets to the benchtop. I won a large supply at a cabinet makers auction.

I have heaps so you are welcome to some if you are interested.
    Scally

Looking Good Col. Can't wait to see it finished. Are you going to insulate it?

Bret

Hi Scally and Brett I will not be insulating at this point but ask me again after summer it could be a different story we have just had our hottest day on record 46 Celsius or
    114 .8 Fahrenheit in my shed I may turn it into a kiln dryer for timber at that rate…. LOL ….. maybe !!

Scally by the time you would have read this, you would have gotten me PM on the melamine sheets. I will be in your area on Thursday week and would like to take you up on the invertation to meet up, I will PM you with time and date to see if things suit.

Here are a couple more pictures of the fit out. It would be about half way now !..... it will be great when the drawers are finished for the work benches
    Colbra
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default It's looking very full already.....

G'Day Col,
    Where you hiding all that machinery when I visited??
    The new shed is now looking like it might not be big enough??
    Yes it was too hot yesterday to do anything much at all.
    Thank goodness today is nearly half of yesterdays temperature.
    Keep up the photos.
    Cheers, crowie

I like the idea of having some space in the middle of the shed. I do not have that myself, but I still like that idea.

Nice Planer Col. The same model here in the states made by Grizzly goes for about $1500. But there is hardly any job it can't do. Does yours have a spiral head cutter?

Bret

Col I see no dusty set up ATM not even a test run sawdust trace on the floor have you become a clean freak or just to afraid of getting them dirty. I know sortting and setting up and being happy with the location is a good thing.

Looking good Col.

We have been ordered by a higher authority (my aunt) to get off the computer and FB and get into the real world an come up and see her, she lives close by so thought when we do we might call in if thats ok.

I promise not to drool on the new machines

Ray

Default It's 2014 - Any more progress yet, Col??

It's 2014 - Any more progress yet, Col??
    Hoping all's well with you for a prosperous new year.
    Looking forward to seeing the photos.....Cheers, crowie

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast