Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default An (invisibly) productive Weekend

Like many other members here, my "shed" is a garage. I've given up hope of getting my car back under cover for a very long time, but I get full run of the place during the day as long as my better half gets her car into the double garage at night time. Lately, this has been getting increasingly difficult (and on some nights, close to impossible).

So in the interests of domestic harmony, I had a "revision and maintenance" weekend.

Saturday was designated as a clean-up day. I couldn't believe how much rubbish, offcuts and scrap pieces I collected in about 3 months. To make things even worse, the amount of sawdust underneath all this garbage could have kept a well-fed family of nine with a backyard dunny supplied for a year.

Then, of couse, there were tools and supplies in places that I would never thought to look. Sandpaper in spots where I keep various wood waxes, screwdrivers where I keep screws, a mallet where the steel wool goes etc etc. I'm sure you get the idea. This also explains why I'm way overstocked on things I needed immediatedly and had to get more. It was a rather dreary way to spend a woodworking day, but I was very glad I did.

Today, was a maintenance day for tools. Pull apart the bandsaw and give it a good clean, and a "grease and oil change". A friend was using it on Friday and the blade broke, so it needed replacing anyway. Clean and lube the drill press, table saw, cicular saw and mitre saw, including cleaning and waxing their tables etc. Sharpen and clean various chisels, planes and other hand cutting tools. Remove any rust and lightly lubricate other hand tools.

I'm certain this all sounds such an incredibly dull way to spend a few days, but now I actually feel so invigorated its been done, that I can't wait to get down there tomorrow knowing I will be able to find what I'm after, and the tools will work like they should. If only I could do them justice!
    "Come sit down beside me" I said to myself, and although it didn't make sense,
    I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I sat on the fence.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

We all do a clean up every now and then.

I find heaps of items I think I better not say any more.

Red face

have to do my small w/shop , can't find the bench tops, let alone tools!!!