Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast

Thanks Christos, and Jason, for the update, when you get handles installed, I'd really like to see some pictures of finished skews, maybe an action shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray153 View Post
    That was the update on the 11th, where are the bulk order of parers at now?

Are they any closer to completion and if so, in what way?

Is there a realistic prospect of seeing this completed before the end of this year?
    The bevel jig didn't work the way I wanted out for the 3mm chisels, there was too little of the center land for clamping, so the jig has been modified to clamp more of the tang.

My plan is to get the paring chisels completed and posted before the end of the year.

Ray

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    Thanks Christos, and Jason, for the update, when you get handles installed, I'd really like to see some pictures of finished skews, maybe an action shot?

The bevel jig didn't work the way I wanted out for the 3mm chisels, there was too little of the center land for clamping, so the jig has been modified to clamp more of the tang.

My plan is to get the paring chisels completed and posted before the end of the year.

Ray
    Thanks Ray for the update. Fingers crossed the revised jig works out.

Ray
    Ray,

Are you still on schedule to finish this year?

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by guyc45 View Post
    Ray,

Are you still on schedule to finish this year?

Guy

Hi Guy,

Right this minute, I'd say no, but I'm hoping that now the bulk of the pre-xmas stuff is out of the way I'll catch up again.

Ray

Sigh.........

Just a quick note

What with the hot weather and a bout of family sickness, I haven't even been in the workshop since Christmas.. I hope to get out there next week. A better update after that.

Ray

And now?

And now?
    Hi Ray,

Still disorganized, and struggling to get time without interruptions. But the next thing is getting packing and postage for the first few sets. But, before that, I've got chisels that were on loan from the first batch to get flattened and posted first...

Ray

My daughter was 14 months old when this project started. She starts school tomorrow, aged 5 and a half.

I have moved out of an existing house, demolished the old one, let the site settle, rebuilt on the site, moved back in and spent 3 years and counting, living in the new house.

All in less time than this has taken.

In all seriousness, what is the holdup and how much longer are we all going to be stuffed around?

In all seriousness, what is the holdup and how much longer are we all going to be stuffed around?
    Hi Ray,

As soon as I can get them all finished I will, I just keep getting sidetracked.

Ray

I have my chisels and handles from the first and second batch and am itching to put them together. I also have an infill plane body from thumbsucker I am keen to start on. Alas, my long promised shed (since May last year) is still a hole in the ground. I've now run out of patience and have sacked the builder. If any of you know a reliable shed builder in the ACT region please let me know. Conversely if you want advice on who to avoid, get in touch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Ray,

As soon as I can get them all finished I will, I just keep getting sidetracked.

Ray
    Hi Ray,

Has there been any progress?

Regards,
    Guy

Quote Originally Posted by guyc45 View Post
    Hi Ray,

Has there been any progress?

Regards,
    Guy
    Hi Guy, Not for the last couple of weeks, I have some brass saw backs to mill in the next few days, so that will at least get me back in the workshop... I've hardly had any workshop time since christmas.

Ray

Hi Guy, Not for the last couple of weeks, I have some brass saw backs to mill in the next few days, so that will at least get me back in the workshop... I've hardly had any workshop time since christmas.

Ray
    Can you at least give us the courtesy of an explanation for the lack of progress over the last two months, other than just a bland "I've had very little shed time"

And a detailed account of what you propose to do in order to get this finished would be the least you can do.

Or are we all to just assume that we have thrown away our money and the last 4 years waiting?

Can you at least give us the courtesy of an explanation for the lack of progress over the last two months, other than just a bland "I've had very little shed time"

And a detailed account of what you propose to do in order to get this finished would be the least you can do.

Or are we all to just assume that we have thrown away our money and the last 4 years waiting?
    Ray,

You can choose to stop waiting any time you wish and get a full refund. You should know by now, that I'm as keen as anybody to see this job completed, probably more than you could imagine. Just cool the rhetoric and be patient.

Ray