Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Hi Gary, glad to see you back on track,hope you are enjoying working from a plan,I don't know what plan you are using if it's J Thompson check as you go along some of these plans have a lot of mistakes from plan page to the next plan,as I have found with some of the plans I have used.

But you are looking good at the moment good to see you are using steel and not all brass,looks better and takes the paint much better than the Brass and they were not made in Brass,just the odd bit's here and there,Just keep the pics coming hope to post some thing soon ,on the Gold Battery,but have some painting to rectify.

Eddie.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Looking good so far will be watching with interest

this is some of the wheels that gos with the coach i hot set the tires this time i need to clean them up some but things or going a bit slower then the sheep wagon more photos to come.
    Gary.....

yes your right about the steel TKO, i used a angle iron from some steel studs we had it's 1/16 th i hamerd it flat then used a hack saw to cut it and the cost was just my labor, so all the steel you see is that angle iron. i used hard maple for the rest. i have more done but havent got photos yet. here it is up on it's wheels. thank for your kind words. your friend in the U.S.A.
    Gary Smith......

i for got TKO, the plan is Iven collins, and there is some things that's not clear and very little spic, so one has to use your head, one page is 1/2 = 1' but they have to do better then that to fool me! lol....
    Gary......

this shows it up side down so you can see what the under side looks like i think i'm done and reddy for paint just got some cleaning up and a little sanding..
    Gary....

here it is back on it's feet like i said just some sanding then i can paint....
    Gary,

heres a look at the front...
    Gary....

Nice Gary,
    I'm always amazed that without something there for scale you can't tell the size.
    It could just as well be a full size one.
    Peter

Thanks i diden't think of that, i should lay down a hammer or something for the scale. heres the sides there made out of hard maple on the framing and covered with African, Mahognay, ineed to sand it real nice then i'll spray lacqure on it then sand it with 400 grit then do that tell it has a deep look....the rears will be paint a wheat color a soft look with black pin strip and green with some red...
    Gary.....

I ment ''Gears'' lol

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

G'Day Gary,
    As always just brilliant workmanship, so much attention to detail, beautiful work.
    Thank you for the excellent photos and explanation on the build.
    I am aware that you do all the metal work yourself and would love to see some of the photos before the assembly.
    Cheers, crowie

Thanks Crowie, most of the time i just use a hack saw and file i buy 3/32'' and 1/16'' welding rod and some old iron that i have just laying around and i have a nice drill press that has a 5/8'' to 1/16'' chuck i use alot and selver solder if you get your pice red hot that will let your solder run it should look like milk when it cools not red, if it's red it will be brttle that's something one just has got to do tell you get it right use pro grade propane and stay-silv, White Brazing flux, www.harrisproductsgroup.com it don't take much i get a 6.5oz bottle for $7.00... hope this helps....
    Gary....

the Science/Discovery Channel's ''How it's Made'' is doing a segment at Hansen Wheel and Wagon shope for a segment on wood wheel's but then there allso doing one on Building a ''stage coach'' scheduled to air thursday november 8th 2012, @9:00 pm ET...
    and the one on Wheels is on thursday December 20th 2012, @ 9:00pm ET time.. i like Hansen Wheel & wagon there all ways good to anser any question i've had and theres a lot of wagons to look at this should me good...
    Gary,

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Quote Originally Posted by oven1944 View Post
    the Science/Discovery Channel's ''How it's Made'' is doing a segment at Hansen Wheel and Wagon shope for a segment on wood wheel's but then there all so doing one on Building a ''stage coach'' scheduled to air Thursday November 8th 2012, @9:00 pm ET...
    and the one on Wheels is on thursday December 20th 2012, @ 9:00pm ET time.. i like Hansen Wheel & wagon there all ways good to anser any question I've had and theirs a lot of wagons to look at this should me good...
    Gary,
    Thanks Gary, I hope someone can point us "down under" to the "you-tube" record of the shows...... Sounds very worthwhile.
    I personally don't have access to "Discovery Channel" here, plus I don't think we get the current shows at all in Australia unless it's soapy's.
    Cheers, crowie

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast