Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Quote Originally Posted by _fly_ View Post
    Thanks Gary, Its still amazing. Good WIP with a good explanation.
    When are you going to draw the plans up and sell them to the rest of us? Peter
    G'Day Gary, You are one master craftsman and top teacher, thank you. Cheers, crowie

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Thanks men for the nice words, it's good to be getting back to where i was but i sure feal better about how it's going now i had some ather photos but can't find them it must be me tho i wanted to show the coach before i got all the trem on when i had it sanded real nice it is hard to bend 1/8'' alder.. the form i made works well i'll take a photo of it ....
    Gary....

well i got back to where i was but got off on some Batwing Doors for my granddaughter, got that done now i got to hang them so i need to frame the opening...but i'll be back soon ....
    Gary....

i got the doors so they fit i got the latchs made but steel need a little work to get them working smooth so soon i'll have them on the gears....
    Gary.....

Fantastic work Gary.
    You're another who's putting my work to shame. Good on you, you've given me even more motivation along with looking at Mel's BSA and Derek's boats and submarine. Something to aspire to. Your attention to detail is amazing.
    ... Steve

-- Monkey see, monkey do --

Fantastic Gary the build is coming along and starting to really take shape.

Thank men, i spent the the day putting the door latchs on the doors sure glad to have that done, photos to come i'm working on putting the inside wood on that's a pain in the butt one of those things that just has to be done that's not fun LOL but it all a part of the build...

Gary.....

Well i'm back on track and way ahead of where i was when i started over on the Coash Body i got a little lazy on my photos so i messed some of the steps...sorry about that.. this shows the iron in place that holds the driver boot
    Gary....

this shows the iron that holds the luggage rack ......with the luggage rack
    Gary....

this shows the luggage rack in place with the iron the lather raps aroung these rods or you can use Chain the chain gives you some ajestment..but the rods don't sagg so i chose to do it my way... allso you can see i have the door latchs in and they work very well there allso made by hand... Eddie gave me some help with them thanks Eddie,
    Gary.....

here you can see the door open and the bolt in the latch there spring loded with a strike plate..as well you can see all trem around all the windows just some sanding and i'm reddy for paint on this Coach i'm useing Candy Apple Red i got it on the way had to get it from a Hot Rod shop in NV,
    Gary.....

this is the other side i allso have the ruff inside in place this all covers with a old prent fabrick and lather with carpet in the floor well... one thing i can add is make sure that all the parts or the very same side to side ench for ench a 1/6th'' can mess you up when you put it togather take alot of time at this point.. i clamp a board in the fince of my table saw and use the top and the fince to keep it square (Don't) make anything hard an fast tell your sure.....hope this helps...
    Gary....

Gary the stagecoach is looking absolutely fabulous coming along in leaps and bounds can't wait for the next set of photo's

Thank you Digger, i'm sure alot happyer the way it's going now i can't wate tell the Candy Apple paint gets here they say this week they have a lot of great paint, $22 for a qurt with $495. shipping you cant beet that i'll post the site here whet i get the paint i used some on a Alder Guitar body and it looks great after 19 years...
    Gary....

Quote Originally Posted by oven1944 View Post
    Thank you Digger, i'm sure alot happyer the way it's going now i can't wate tell the Candy Apple paint gets here they say this week they have a lot of great paint, $22 for a qurt with $495. shipping you cant beet that i'll post the site here whet i get the paint i used some on a Alder Guitar body and it looks great after 19 years...
    Gary....
    Blimey Gary that is dear shipping

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast