Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: 2 wip

Default 2 wip

Building two 4 string basses, both are 33" scale neck-thru, one is a solid body 1 1/2" thick maple/walnut the other is all walnut chambered 1 1/4" thick body.
    Here's a few work in progress pictures.

Sept 20th

Nov 3rd

Mills Custom sawing - Everyone wants my wood

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Here's a few side by side pics - they both block sanded and sealed coated. Both are basically both at the same point now. Thanks

A couple more pictures the maple/walnut one it's getting there - installed 2 mini-humbuckers pickups, independent volume/tone for each pickup, 3way pickup selector switch, mono or stereo output. plays nice, sounds nice - I'm happy with this one so far... just the truss rod and electronics covers left to make. Then it will be disassembled (if we can stop playing it long enough) block sanded and finished, I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm still waiting on pots for the all walnut one but I did get the electronics cover made for it.

Spaghetti - Seems like I always cut my wires to long - I guess longer is better than shorter ... Anyways sounds really good and everything is working like I knew what I was doing or something.

I'm working on truss rod cover designs, I have a couple requirements I laid on myself... First it has to be an it original design, it also must be made so it's easy to access the truss rod with out removing the strings. It also has to have enough real estate for a picture of a small US Flag, the words Made in USA, The model number and my logo. So I modeled the truss rod covers after some of my German shepherd's front claws.

So far I have the Narrow

and the Wide

Which truss rod cover do you like? Narrow / Wide / Both / Neither

Of course comments / criticisms are always welcome - Thanks

A couple more WIP pics

My Logo on different sized truss rod covers.

After some down time in Southern California and Thanksgiving - I got cracking again on the all walnut one and installed 2 mini-humbuckers pickups, independent volume/tone for each pickup, 3way pickup selector switch, mono or stereo output. Plays very nice, sounds somewhat sinister and has a distinct growl. Different woods sure make different sounds that's for sure. I have some sharp edges to round over and side dots left to install - then it disassembled, block sanded and finished. I'm no fashion bug, but I'm not so sure I like the black plastic pickup rings much so I ordered some chrome plated metal ones to see how they look.

Sorry for the crappy picture it's hard to get a good distance picture with my phone.

Likable one!

Thanks for the reply Here's final pictures of the all walnut one before i disassemble, block sand, finish, buff and reassemble it. I really like the way it's turning out - plays nice, sounds nice, looks good. Should be ready for gigging after it's reassembled.

First attempt at owners nameplate design

Front Profile

Headstock, truss rod cover and Logo design

Body Design

Thanks