Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Paypal how popular?

Interested in paypal and how people have found it.
    Who uses it and their experiences?
    cheers
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.
    Abrasives can be just as dangerous as a blade.....and 10 times more painfull.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

My buisness uses it a lot and are very happy with it.
    Many people winge about paypal scaming them (hence the bad image) but they get all confused paypal is the TOOL, they get scammed by a 3rd party.

Also most "warning" sites about paypal are funded by the competition.

good luck

nic

I use as its practical and convenient as a buyer.
    Haven't tried it as a seller yet, but that will happen in time as its the practical way to accept credit cards and international funds.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Thumbs up Paypal O.K.

I have used it a few times on EBay, no problems.It is easier to use than direct deposit via your bank.

I have used it as a buyer and seller on Ebay. So far so good.
    Bob

"If a man is after money, he's money mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a never-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets it without working for it; he's a parasite; and if he accumulates it after a life time of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life."
    - Vic Oliver

As a buyer, there is no fee to use. As a seller you get charged a percentage of the transferred amount from the buyer, and the rate has gone up recently

It is, however, a very useful method of exchanging money.
    How much wood could the woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck could chuck wood?

As a buyer where you use your credit card for paypal to draw on there are no problems with its. Paypalv is set up for even the stupidist buyer. As a seller it a whole other story with their policies, prices, or their website. I've had paypal try twice to withdraw money from my bank account without my authorization. Cause their help on the web sucks I phoned them on it, to make a long story short they said they always try to access the bank acount first then the credit card. I said I don't want them trying to withdraw anything from my account with out my permission for any reason. They said they couldn't it that way so deal with it. So I said the account will never have more than 10 cents in it so you deal with it - they didn't like my attitude. Not sure on whether I'll use paypal if I sell anything else anymore. I've talked to others who have had much worse encounters with paypal as sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by MathewA
    I said I don't want them trying to withdraw anything from my account with out my permission for any reason. They said they couldn't it that way so deal with it. So I said the account will never have more than 10 cents in it so you deal with it - they didn't like my attitude.

Mathew, that attitude is the kind I like, I'm sure you are going to fit in well around here when you come.

Remember there is always more than one way to skin a cat , just have to think otside the square.

Peter.

I have used it a few times with no hassles so far.
    Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

As a buyer where you use your credit card for paypal to draw on there are no problems with its. Paypalv is set up for even the stupidist buyer. As a seller it a whole other story with their policies, prices, or their website. I've had paypal try twice to withdraw money from my bank account without my authorization. Cause their help on the web sucks I phoned them on it, to make a long story short they said they always try to access the bank acount first then the credit card. I said I don't want them trying to withdraw anything from my account with out my permission for any reason. They said they couldn't it that way so deal with it. So I said the account will never have more than 10 cents in it so you deal with it - they didn't like my attitude. Not sure on whether I'll use paypal if I sell anything else anymore. I've talked to others who have had much worse encounters with paypal as sellers.
    You should see what the banks ask of you in OZ if your business want to have a credit card facility, things like: power to enter, search and seize any assets in you possesion personal or private, liability for the cc transactions up to 5 YEARS after they occured if there is a charge back ...
    Trust me, paypal are angels compared to Australias Favorite bank cough CBA cough !!

nic

You can also use Paypal to pay your $10,000 entry fee into Australia.
    Which must be a releif for you.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner
    You can also use Paypal to pay your $10,000 entry fee into Australia.
    Which must be a releif for you.

Al
    I'm a bit unsure of paypal right now could I give it to you to look after for me

No problem.

I take cash only.

Al

Thats ok Al I will collect the booty instead.

Hey fellas big booze up soon courtesy Mat.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com