Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default advice on skylights

hi every one
    i was wondering on opinion's and other options in putting in some skylights and windows in my shed.
    the shed is c channel 3.4m to top of gable with 2.6 walls i was thinking of doing something like this
    P6080011.jpg
    the red would b windows.
    The rear of the shed faces north and it gets quite warm in summer so i will b putting a evap ac in the roof when i knock my house down in a couple of years
    i was also looking at extending the shed 4m to the back fence and the side fence is 1m away so if i did this i would put it on boundry . the only other problem i have is my neighbour on the shed side is not a nice person and i do need to planing permision to do this so if their are other options i would love to hear them
    thanks camel e
    Last edited by camele; 9th December 2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: putting things nices

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I'd avoid skylight tbh. too hot in summer, too cold in winter, too expensive all round.
    more windows is the option i'd chase, but dont forget about shed security!.

not knowing Adelaide's regulations to fence perimeters i'd guess and say that 1 meter would be as close as your going to get, and i'd also say it'd be very hard to get that tree removed without a solid Arborist's report.

you seem to have plenty of room in the direction facing you why not put a 1-2meter extension in that direction, and you could also arrange a roof line off the rear to store lumber..

just some thoughts

hey matmann
    yer 1m is right without building on boundry and sorry its a old photo. the big tree is gone. the tree laws changes about 1year ago a tree between 2m and 3m is now a regulated tree and only needs council permision and to plant a tree in replacement any thing above 3m is signifant and needs Arborist's report. i think that if i go 3m back and leave a gap between back and side fence will b best and may b 2 windows with some shading lockable device. and put storage between side fence and shed