Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Metal Multi-drawer Storage Cabinets

I've been looking around for a metal multi-drawer storage cabinet similar to the attached picture, for the bits and pieces in my shed. So far I haven't had any luck.

A search of the web located the cabinet in the attached picture manufactured in China. Unfortunately they don't have any companies in Australia that ship them in.

Does anyone know of anything similar that may be available in Australia. I don't want an open system becasue they fill up with dust, sawdust, crap, etc.

Failing all else, I explored the option of importing them from China. A minimum order is 49, which is one container load. The total cost, including GST and customs duty is about
    $ 220 each. Add the cost of shipping and the price increases to about $ 250 each, a lot to pay for a cabinet that you haven't had a chance to evaluate. Has anyone had experience
    in shipping items into Australia and can offer any relevant advice about pitfalls, things to look out for, recommendations for Customs Brokers, etc. The cost of shipping
    was to Fremantle WA.

Regards

Gomez
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Did you try Rackmart on great eastern highway, they have a used storage are that might be worth a look

FWIW we have a multi drawer system at work but at home I use this system

Despite extensive and careful labelling of the drawers at work I reckon mine is miles better as I can see a heap of stuff at one glance.

There are several companies selling both multiple narrow drawer and wide drawer cabinet systems - I saw about 10 or so at a major industrial gear show in Sydney that a mate dragged me along to two years ago. Since I didn't have the room or budget for some I didn't make a record of the companies' names.

Blackwoods and Cromwell were two of the stands at the show but I can't remember if they had the cabinet systems. Keep an eye out for manufacturing equipment shows being advertised, you may have to invent your own company when you register for free admission.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
    I've been looking around for a metal multi-drawer storage cabinet similar to the attached picture, for the bits and pieces in my shed. So far I haven't had any luck.

A search of the web located the cabinet in the attached picture manufactured in China. Unfortunately they don't have any companies in Australia that ship them in.

Does anyone know of anything similar that may be available in Australia. I don't want an open system becasue they fill up with dust, sawdust, crap, etc.

Failing all else, I explored the option of importing them from China. A minimum order is 49, which is one container load. The total cost, including GST and customs duty is about
    $ 220 each. Add the cost of shipping and the price increases to about $ 250 each, a lot to pay for a cabinet that you haven't had a chance to evaluate. Has anyone had experience
    in shipping items into Australia and can offer any relevant advice about pitfalls, things to look out for, recommendations for Customs Brokers, etc. The cost of shipping
    was to Fremantle WA.

Regards

Gomez
    Gomez

Have you included customs duty on this which I believe is levied on anything over $1000? There may be other dockside/port charges too.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

"Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmiller View Post
    Gomez

Have you included customs duty on this which I believe is levied on anything over $1000? There may be other dockside/port charges too.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul

The all up cost included customs duties/ taxes,as well as freight from China. The only query, as you said, might be port charges.

I'm not too sure about committing to 49 of them at this stage without being able to see them and assess their suitability for my purposes.

Mark

Have you looked at Thomas Warburton? Thomas Warburton - Storage Cabinets

A metal frame I can understand, but I don't see metal drawers as necessary. Personally, I think the bin cabinets (Thomas Warburton - Stronghold Bin Cabinets) they have are a better option, as you buy the bins separately, can mix and match sizes and everything is visible. Doors keep the dust out.

I have shallow drawers similar to BobL's plan cabinet, but I only use them for tools, not parts.

Default Metal Multi-drawer Storage Cabinets

Richmond68

Thanks for that link, it was appreciated. I hadn't heard of them before. Their stronghold bin cabinet is similar to what I was looking for.

Unfortunately I already have some metal framed cabinets with plastic drawers but I've found that, over time, the drawers seem to become brittle and
    start cracking or handles snap off, etc and it's impossible to find replacement drawers. For me, metal drawers are a necessity because of this.

I've got a whole load of small tools/ parts that I want to store in one location hence the reason I was looking for a larger cabinet.