Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Grex P650L headless pin nailer

I've been searching for a pin nailer for some time here in AUS without success until I stumbled on the Grex website and saw their Pin head nailer range. I asked if they had a distributor here but didn't and so I purchased the P650L model from their suggested retailer (the Fastner Company) for $380 delivered.

The nailer uses pin nails the size of a sewing needle (23 gauge) up to 50mm in length. There is no head and so when used it leaves a tiny, tiny hole that is almost invisible. Once I finish sand, seal and oil or varnish you can just make out the hole if you look hard. If you paint then it disappears. The pins are very strong and have had no issue there. Works very well with attaching moulding while the glue dries and other small and fiddly jobs.
    More info can be seen at this you tube vid..... YouTube

The gun came in a case, which included 5000 pins of various lengths.

The gun is very well made, feels good in the hand and is light.

I'm happy with the purchase......pity could not find one in AUS as I prefer to buy local.

cheers

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default Grex P650L

Also just purchased the Grex P650L. Same price and supplier as Simops. Could not locate a supplier or info locally. My application is to fix glass stop bead. I will post a review after a test run.

Mick

I got my Grex gun and nails from Rockler. Nothing like it shows up on line stocked in Oz, everything seems to be construction or flooring nail guns.

Chris, that link is to a USA site. Still no supplier in AUS that I can find for headless pin nailers?

Mick....I have also used it with timber glass beading and works a treat....hardly noticeable nail hole , unless you go up close, and no splitting even almost at the bead ends.

cheers

I bought three guns from the link I posted as it found their price for what I wanted was just so good. I have found some things are just not available in Oz.
    CHRIS

Default Pin nailer

How about the Stanley Bostitch HP118K 23-Gauge 1/2-Inch to 1-3/16-Inch Pin Nailer
    I've got it from Belmont Timbe in Geelong - they had to order one for me from Bostitch. Cost me about $280 (2 years ago). They order me the pins too (but I had to buy then in packs of 5 boxes each - for me enough for 10 years or so) - sizes from 12 to 40 mm.
    41fJmJHsy9L._SY300_.jpg

Last year I found much better pinner on Amazon (Italian Fasco). It is a superb tool, far better than the Bostitch
    and cost me about $230 shipped from US. Also it takes longer (up to 2") pins. Grex makes the 2" pins

Fasco F23C A64-50PB 23-Gauge Headless Pinner
    Fasco F23C A64-50PB 23-Gauge Headless Pinner - Amazon.com
    51gn5WH5XFL._SL1024_.jpg

Hi Guys,I've just started looking through the web site of an Aussie company called Professional Woodworkers Supplies ( Freeman 23 Gauge, 25mm (1") Micro Pinner ) and found a 23 gauge air pinner for $97.50. From what I've read in reviews via Google, it seems like a good machine and at a great price compared to all the rest. I've got a pic here, but not sure if I'll get it down loaded right. So check out the site and see what you think.Bob

Default You could try the Australian Senco agent

regards from Alberta, Canada

ian