Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thanks Digger, i've even left a little saw marks or ruff wood that's how some old wagons were you could see under the paint just a bit tho.. a chuck wagon that has 6 cotes of hand rubed candy apple red looks out of place just my thought.. and all my wagons or made with hard wood, i would never use pine on a Model, it's just not stable, i like pine tho the look the way it works and smells, they have hardners you can put on pine and make it hard, but when drilling a 1/16th hole real close to the edge theres nothing like hard wood...
    Gary....

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Default It's all in the attention to detail......WOW

G'Day Gary,
    It's all in the attention to detail......WOW, and you have sure put a heap of time & effort to make this wagon look absolutely stunning.
    A HUGE well done just doesn't seem to say enough at how much of this wagon so very well made.
    Cheers crowie

Wow! The detail on this is amazing. The workmanship and craftmanship is second to none! Great job and thanks for sharing.

Default Cowboy Chuck Wagon

Great work Garry.

Eddie

Thanks Eddie, here i'm starting on the Chuck Box, as you can see the boards glued up to look real...photo bucket is a real pain in the Butt....
    Gary...

and moveing right along heres some more to look at the big glue up....lol
    Gary....

this is a bit ahead of my salf i thought i up loded the shots inbetween this but heres the box with the draws i had a shot of making the draws? oh will i make them very close to real with out the dove tail i'm not that good yetlol...
    Gary....

heres the draws upside down so you can see bottom is dadoed in with a 10'' table saw one pass 1/8 th from the fince and a 1/8 th plywood bottom i know they had not in 1906 but it's oak veneer lol but you folk don't look for that sorta thing (thank God)....
    Gary...

here you can see that the drawers work theres a knife block as well.. and a cutting board...
    Gary....

heres a shot of the Chuck Box with the table up you can see my leg that holds the table up this is my own design i have it on a real Chuck Box and folks pay more attention to it then my Chuck Box...
    Gary.....

i'm not sure what the photo is photo bucket got me on a survey then ofter a bunch of answers i got the same answer on one question and dam if they would let me go so i just clicked of the dam thing! and here i am so heres the photo....
    Gary....

Great attention to detail on the chuck box, a model within a model. Like the extra detail like the rolling pin knife and saw. Are you going to add things like the food and such in the box. I like the table leg to support it along with the catches to hold it up all hand made I should imagine.

heres the break i've been working on the frist time i've seen thes style of catch and i like the arch it's made in one peace i hammerd this in a circle on my Anvil horn Cold, you just hold it on it's edge and tap it round when it starts to bend set it flat on the Anvil and hammer it flat then resume Tapping on the edge and bit by bit it will start the circle you control the shape by where you place it on the horn of the Anvil.. working with iron is very fun and not very hard it just takes time to know where to tap and how hard.. the break handle has the catch that works like a spring when you pull it back it pulls the hook down a little bit and then you can take up a notch i soldered it to the handle after i bolted it with 4 #80 bolts to make it work it has got to be very redged so it will spring back and the bolts just would not stay tight.. well i've got most of the iron work done...for now
    Gary...

yep every thing is all hand made thanks Digger,
    Gary.....

this shot shows the knife Block it has 3 knifes and a steel in it i know i had a shot of the knifes i thought? i should add when making a Chuck Box you need to bend the hinge over the end of the table so the pivot of the hinge is on the edge of the box and table. that way when the table is down it is just belowthe box if you dont bend the hinge and just put it on straight when the table is down it will be a 1'' or so away from the box and live a gap there for things to drop to the ground, dang i hate it when that happens!!...
    Gary....