Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

this will show what i was talking about in the other post not a very clear photo tho....
    Gary...

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

this shows how i bend the hinge and i allways clean up and drill the holes and bend every thing how i want before i paint this saves the paint as best as you can no matter how hard you try to get them on your going to do a bit of damage but one can just tutch up a bit with a brush..i'll be back...
    Gary....

Gary
    Been watching this build all along - great stuff, beautiful model.
    One question - do you work from plans or maybe you have a full-size wagon out the back

Mark
    What you say & what people hear are not always the same thing.
    http://www.remark.me.uk/

Gary, I reckon every piece you have made is a testament to your skills!!! Also it is a testament to how wagons were put together. It is an art that is well and truly nearly extinct. You have linked to old ways and design to the present. Your attention to detail needs to be commended as it puts your work well above other builders.
    Looking at your photos put me back in the days when we used to watch Rawhide on TV. Remember old Wishbone the cook? You never complained about his cooking, if you did you went with out. Ah Rawhide. Mr Favour, Rowdy Yates (Clint Eastwood) my mind has gone blank for names but I can see their faces.
    Just do it!

Kind regards Rod

Thank Mark, i don't use plans a lot of photos tho and i don't have far to go to see a real, the stage coach i'm building on a nother thred i'm useing a set of plans but the frist Stage Coach i built i did with just photos tho and it came out amost as well the thing that i was off a bit on was the hubs on the wheels but the rest was off a bit in the hight but in some ways i like better and the plans or not dead on ether, but would be a big help if it was your frist wagon or coach theres ways to find out how to get the hight and width and the size of wheels and the length and at 1/8th''= 1' the rest is a matter of keeping it in that range.....
    Gary.....

thanks Caombezio, i hope i got that right... i do have a love of the West i live not far from where they made all them shows or a lot of them i've seen what's laft of some of the move sets, gun smoke was made just east of here...
    Gary.....

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

G'Day Gary, This build is just getting better and better; the detail is WOW, brillant to say the least....
    Thanks for all the WIP photos & notes.
    Cheers, Crowie

yes wow very skillful piedce

Thanks Crowie, an Woodwark, for the good thoughts, i'm looking for a good Dollhouse plan it's been a year or so from the last one i made there fun as well....
    Gary.....

Wow ... you wagon builders are in a league all of your own.

Incredible work, especially with the iron work .. just love it !!!!!

Greg

thank you Greg, i have fun building them...
    gary....

this is the base for the chuck wagon i've had this thought for some time and thought i would give it a go it's 3'' high inside the rim is 2 1/2'' i'm working on doing the art work with mostly wood a little paint. the base is 4' long so i'll have some room for the team of horses they will be un hooked and grazing with obbles the harness will be on the tongue.. that way the table will be down ond the cook will be working with the fire and the dutch ovens going i'm thinking of fiberoptics so as to look like fire in the pit the bottom has a lot of space for the transformer on battery with a switch to turn it on... the top will be 1/4'' glass that a glass shop will make it will be 18'' high i need to find some sort of grund cover but i don't know just what they use.. i'm thinking a course cilca sand mixed with paint... i need some ideas on this and thank you Digger, for your help with the scroll saw, i've steel got some to learn i find the blades that work or the round one you can move then any wat you need...
    Gary....

this is a close up look i'm going for a 3D look....
    Gary....

That base is a piece in it's own right Gary should look fantastic when complete. I like the idea of a diorama type scene when you mount it all can't wait now to see the finished item.

Hope you told the good lady that you have used a towel to put the stand on

heres looking at the other end the top in side is 12'' -4' i've not done any sanding yet when i get the sides and ends done i'll sand the trem is Mahogany afr...i'm useing walnut, alder, maple, all hard wood tho,
    Gary....