Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Default Cow Boy Chuck Wagon

i've got a chuck wagon going at the time as well...
    Gary...

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Odd Jobs in Camp( Joe Gleen, stray man for Sulpur Cattle Company, Gleeson, Arizona, and D.M. Mcfarland, stray man for the Wagon Rod Outfit, Making a Cinch; under the Wagon Reading is J.W Haverty of Fort Huachuch), OR Range, Arizona,1909,
    and now will get going on the build....
    Gary....

will start with the bolster this wagon will be allmost like the sheep wagon i did last summer with some difference to the wagon there's so many wagon styles all most like cars, this wagon is a lot more time Consuming theres more iron work it's got the skins on the axles for one thing, and the brakes or a little Difficult with more blacksmith work if you like a real to life Model this is it from now on i'll make all my work like this...with more detail in the running gears...
    Gary.....

this is how your Axle should be shaped and your wheel on a 90 degree that's what this black smith has to say...
    Gary.....

this shows how the brake hanger looks and the brake shaft with the tension bar selver soldered on more on this later....
    Gary......

this is a better look at the gear and shows the skins on the Axle as well with some of the u bolts in place and shows the hounds and reach that's the beam that holds the front and rear Axle togather and let's the back Axle move for an aft for a long wheel base for ranch work.. or in this case short for a chuck wagon a chuch wagon is 10' 6'' long in the box....

Gary.....

here i've made up the brake beam with the iron for the brake blocks.....
    Gary....

heres the bolster with how the iron looks and you can see the y plate where the reach can slide to make your wheel base longer just make sure that you bolt it just on the hounds there the supports that v off to the Axle and set in the notch of the Axle there's one for the reach as well but it don't want to be tight just a little lose..
    Gary.....

and here it is togather so you can see it alittle better some time i for get where i'm at so if i leve out any thing just ask, or if you or not sure i'll help....
    Gary...

like i say i get ahead of my salf this will gave you a look at the parts the standards or Mortise in with a tenon on the end just like 3/16 will do make sure there tight 1/4'' by 1/4'' your standaed beam sets atop the beam that's noched like the back Axle over the hounds for the Tongue or as they say to day the ''pole'' it's like calling Shaps, Chaps up tell the 80s they was Shaps, then they missspild the word on a bottle of mens Cologne Chaps, and to this day alot of Cowboys think they have Chaps on...
    Gary....

and here it is up on it's wheels i've got alot more done i'll give my finger a rest for now...
    Gary.....

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Default Another MasterClass by a Master Craftsman

Another MasterClass by a Master Craftsman.....
    Thank you Gary for the extra time & effort to show us how you make you masterpieces.....
    Keep the photos & notes acoming.....
    Cheers, crowie

Hi my Friend Crowie, thanks how you been doing i hear it's raining down there it has here tell yester day we had 4 days of it. but the sun is out to day a bit cold tho. more photos on the way later to day i need to go look at a job i steel do small jobs so i can buy wood lol....good to hear from you....
    Gary.....

This is a look at the side of the gear....
    Gary...

This shows the back axle with the skins in the hubs and you can see the u bolts and the brake lever hanging down this is a close as one can get to the real thing.. the photo jus before this one shows the tires on the rims with all the hub rings.. were getting close to going on the box...
    Gary....

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast