Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Problem with Record RSPT260 Planer

I am having a problem with my planer and need some help on how to sort it out. Basically if i try to thickness a wide piece of timber it does it, but one side is a different thickness to the other side

I have adjusted the blades and this helped but I cant see a way of adjusting the thicknesser bed. Is this done at the factory and not able to be done by myself?

Can someone help me

I have searched the net but cant find any info out there. It not easy to get info here in the UK, so thought i would try this forum

Many thanks IA

Tom

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Tom,
    I'm not familiar with the model, and I doubt it was ever sold in Australia, however it may be similar to models which were. It may help if you can post a pic of it, in which case someone may recognise it and suggest a fix.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

This looks like another clone of the Elektra-Beckum HC260. I have the EB original.

Assuming that this is similar in design there is a procedure to get this right but it is not a lot of fun. I know this because I had to do this as well.

1. You will need to remove the base from the planer. On the EB there are four bolts that attach the planer to the base however you will need to disconnect the belt from the motor first.

2. Underneath the planer there is a chain that drives the four posts with an idler cog to tension the chain. Wind the planer bed all the way up (or down but it's easier later if you can go up) then release the chain tension.

3. Individually wind all the posts up as far as they can go. You may need to iterate through them a few times to account for racking preventing you going up all at once.

4. With that done, re-attach and tension the chain. Be sure to carefully lock the idler in position with the lock nut (jam nut to our North American friends). Mine came from the factory with this loose and that's how I learned all about this!

Re-attach the planer to the base etc and test. Mine was close enough on the first go (< .01mm).

Hope this helps.

That looks like the machine, i will give that a go and see how it turns out! Thanks for the help! Will post the results of my findings as soon as i do it.

Cheers

Tom