Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Quote Originally Posted by _fly_ View Post
    OK, Postage from the US can be cheap if you use the pre-made boxes that are for VIDEO"S.
    You'll have to get the post office to get them in as most don't carry them anymore (but its listed on their website).
    But it has a fixed price to AUS of 23 bucks for on-line and 24 if you do it at a PO, And you can go up to 4 pounds.
    Its bigger than the small flat rate box but its the same price.
    And a lot bigger thhan the dvd box that is also the same rate. 5/8 inch vs 2 inch thick box.
    I can get a lot more of these in a small flat rate box, at least a hundred, if you don't mind them being loose packed and I can do better on pricing if I buy large lots from my supplier. Loose packing will lead to nicks and scratches but when making saws I usually sand the heads flush with the tote.
    I have also talked to him about making the threaded portion longer, 0.3", and narrowing the slot to 0.045". Both can be done.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default TGIAG

Two Guys In A Garage.

Now making more types of split nuts with the square under the head, just like great-great grandpa would have expected

Plus you might be able to grab some from Ron Bontz

Craig

I am stocking all of the following. If you guys in Oz can put together a group purchase I can make you a great deal.

Sources of Split Nuts For Handsaws-medium-nut-012115a-jpgSources of Split Nuts For Handsaws-nut-012115a-jpgSources of Split Nuts For Handsaws-medalion-screw-dimensions-round-boss-012115a-jpgSources of Split Nuts For Handsaws-screw-dimensions-round-boss-012115a-jpgSources of Split Nuts For Handsaws-screw-dimensions-round-boss-012115a-jpgSources of Split Nuts For Handsaws-nut-012115a-jpgSources of Split Nuts For Handsaws-medium-screw-dimensions-round-boss-012115a-jpg
    Innovations are those useful things that, by dint of chance, manage to survive the stupidity and destructive tendencies inherent in human nature.

That is a wide range Ron, looks good. A quick question - is the shoulder of the screw round or square? Probably my inability to read engineering drawings.

cheers
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Heavansabove View Post
    That is a wide range Ron, looks good. A quick question - is the shoulder of the screw round or square? Probably my inability to read engineering drawings.

cheers
    Peter
    Hi Peter,
    The shoulders are round - easily squared as they are made of 360 brass.
    Thanks,
    Rob
    Innovations are those useful things that, by dint of chance, manage to survive the stupidity and destructive tendencies inherent in human nature.

Looks good Rob
    But sorry your pics are all wrong
    We on certain maps are South of you you will have to turn all the pics a 180 deg for us
    Cheers Matt lol lol lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default am i too late?...

just saw this post now...is there a chance of still sourcing these split nut sets through this post??....or could someone direct me to the "source"??...greatly appreciated in advance.

I put the small screws on sale for $2.99 US each on eBay if anybody is interested.

You can safely link or give you seller's name here ... I don't think anyone here objects. (?)

Cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pmcgee View Post
    You can safely link or give you seller's name here ... I don't think anyone here objects. (?)

Cheers,
    Paul
    My seller name is btnsderma. Each listing has 'Alamo toolworks' in the title so it can be used as a search term.

I'm loading a box for shipment to Australia over the next couple of weeks, if anybody wants screws send me a PM.

What is the forum pricing for the sizes?

How is will the shipping work?
    …..Live a Quiet Life & Work with your Hands

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789