Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Wood suppliers in Canberra?

Do any of you woodies know of where to find decent wood supplies in Canberra?

Someone like Trend Timbers (Sydney) would be great. Otherwise just advice on where to find decent wood varieties here would be good.

I'd also like to collect some cheap wood too. At the moment I have a few lengths of pine. I would like to top it up with at least a small collection of offcuts or something that I can use to throw together a quick mock up of a project or to use to test ideas. I'd rather not pay Bunnings $5 a plank for this type of work. Should I be talking to a carpenter shop, visiting the dump or something else?

- John

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

John have a look in the yellow pages, there's Monaro Timbers, Thor's, Hammer, Turner's Building Supplies etc. etc.
    Cheers
    Barry

Thanks Baz

I did check the yellow pages but when it says someone supplies wood you can expect everything from a company that sells flooring systems to a company that makes wooden garden gnomes. I thought I'd save a whole lot of frustration by getting info from those that actually do woodwork and therefore use these supplies already.

I'm not being lazy - I'd just like a helping hand from those who have already covered the ground I'm now approaching.

Like Baz says - Monaro Timber and Thors Hammer. You can also try Mitchell Recycled Building Supplies - for recycled timber and sometimes they have slabs - but it depends on the day.

Also you can join the ACT Woodcraft Guild - they sell timber form time to time.

Cheers
    The Numbat is a small striped marsupial whose whole diet consists of termites.

Default Canberra

Canberra wood show acoming. Malcolm from Boutiue Timbers will be there as usual. He carries a wide range around 400 cubic metres in stock and delivers to Sydney each 6 weeks. He can drop off to a transpotrt company for you if you have a need. Call him on 0265 858296 after 7.00pm to discuss.
    Regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by numbat
    Mitchell Recycled Building Supplies - for recycled timber and sometimes they have slabs - but it depends on the day.

Also you can join the ACT Woodcraft Guild - they sell timber form time to time.

Cheers
    RBS exist no more, went to go there last week and had closed down. Woodcraft guild have red gum and she oak at the moment.