Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Saw Test as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie Rich View Post
    Hi Billyboydes, I had a look at the Laguna Fusion Today and was mighty impressed, do you think that the saw would be able to cut 50-70mm Qld Maple and Blackwood okay or would it struggle,
    Cheers,Richie
    Richie,
    This morning I changed blade from my 120 tooth Fine Cut Off to the 40 tooth universal that came with the saw, attached the Blade Guard and pulled out a few test pieces.

It is rare that I would want to Rip anything over 50mm (and I would use my panel saw). I purchased the saw for box making, but it has enough grunt to easily perform the following cuts.

The toughest test in my shed is bloody hard Spotted Gum 40mm Rip. NO PROBLEMS
    Red Mallee burl 55mm. NO PROBLEMS
    Qld Maple 55mm Rip and Dock NO PROBLEMS
    Kwila 55mm Dock NO PROBLEMS
    Tassie Myrtle 48mm Dock NO PROBLEMS

regards
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Billy

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Billy it will be interesting to see how you go with the dado blade as generally they really need a 3hp to push trough easily.

Some of the 2hp units out there struggle with this set up.

The 2hp works well with 10" blades but puting a 12" blade on with the extra weight can see them slow down on the cut.

Will follow with interest as the laguna has piqued my interest.
    Jim Carroll
    One Good Turn Deserves Another. CWS, Vicmarc, Robert Sorby, Woodcut, Tormek, Woodfast
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

Jim, I don't have the Laguna (unfortunately) but my SB12 saw (2hp) with a 8" dado I can groove a 3/4" x 3/4" dado without issue with one pass. So I suspect the Laguna unit should have no issue.

cheers

Default Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by Billyboydes View Post
    Pete, I suppose many components and or complete units are made in the same factories however this saw made in Taiwan is certainly NOT a Jet. I looked at the Jets at CarbaTec and the Laguna was superior.
    Hi Billy, I have looked at the exploded view in the manual & the fusion uses the same 'horseshoe' mechanism as the Proshop, which is also made in Taiwan. The big difference is that the trunnion is mounted to the frame in the Fusion & to the table on the Proshop. Mounting the trunnion to the frame is a much better option, as is the dust shroud around the blade, which is missing on my older Proshop. Don't get me wrong about the Fusion, as The Proshop is the best saw I have owned & will see me out!! I would be very happy to own the Fusion, I just reckon they come from the same factory. Pete

Hi Billyboydes, Thanks so much for doing the Test for me, Currently I have a trusty Triton and am looking to upgrade to a decent table saw and i'm really impressed with what i saw. What supplier do you use for your 120 tooth blade? After more use have you found anything that could be improved or any faults that need rectifying?
    Cheers, Richard

Default Very happy!

Hi Richard,
    I have now completed a couple of boxes on the Fusion and I can say that I am very pleased with the result. They are my most accurate to date.

The only small niggle I have found is the 90 and 45 degree stops. I need to go back to the manual and check but they are not 'stops' as there is some rubberiness in them not a definitive stop. I always check with my digital gauge but I need to double check if I have done everything correctly.

Other that that I have no issues at all.

regards
    Billy

Thanks a lot for all the info Billyboydes, I am still looking for a good table saw so any info is great. Once again thank-you,cheers Richard

Billyboydes,

I am looking at getting one of these myself and see you paid $1375 for yours.

Just wondering how you managed to get it for that price as the price I have found is $1590.

Also how are you still finding it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grantoboy View Post
    Billyboydes,

Just wondering how you managed to get it for that price as the price I have found is $1590.
    From July 1, Laguna had a substantial price rise across their range in Australia due to the dollar dropping.

Redgy

So it looks like I am 2 weeks to slow.

Any idea on the new pricing? I h have contacted gregmach but they have not responded to me.

Also in an attempt not to hijack this thread, how does the fashion compare to the sawstop? I currently have a makita contractors saw and want to upgrade to a better machine.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Default Fusion

Hi Grant,
    Yes I am still very happy with the saw. I did get it when the A$ was at its best! (worst, depending on how you look at it!)

Contact John for more info pricing etc. [email protected]

regards
    Billy

Thanks for the update. I have tried to contact them via their website twice but no reply.

Will give then a go via the email address you supplied.

Billyboydes

What type of power plug does the fusion have on it? Is it a standard 10amp plug?

Quote Originally Posted by grantoboy View Post
    Billyboydes

What type of power plug does the fusion have on it? Is it a standard 10amp plug?

Hi Grantoboy,
    We were surprised when the first unit arrived because it was 2hp not the promoted 1 3/4hp so we tested it and yes definitely only a 10amp plug.
    regards
    Billy

Billyboydes,

thanks for the info. Gregmach informed me the new machines have a 15amp plug but are 10amp machines.

placed an order for one today and put down a deposit since they have none in stock and should have a new shipment in the next 6 weeks.

so I just have to hang out till then and I'm sure I will let all know once it is here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast