Default Grinder Stand - With a Couple of Draws

Sometimes you need to be inspired to get a move on and finish what you started.

Well this thread was the inspiration that I needed to get on with it. https://www.woodworkforums.com/f245/s...-stand-166237/

It was just a slapped together project using found pieces of wood. The top is two pieces of left over plywood glued together to make it a little bit thicker. This was originally packing used in the transportation of equipment, the holes are now covered with pieces of blue tape. The frame was made from bed slats and the runners that I originally forgot to include in the design are from smaller off cuts from the draws.

P1010284.JPG

I really did not want to make dovetails for the draws so I just made a grove using the router and glued these together.
    P1010286.JPGP1010287.JPG

I was thinking to also add dowels in from the side but I got to thinking lets see how it goes. The draw bottom was from a single piece of three ply that I picked up a while ago and has been inserted in the grove at the bottom of the draw.

As for the handles I just used dowels couple of holes in one end and sort of line up to the other end. I would have make a jig if I wanted to ensure that everything lined up but this is shop furniture and I was just using up the scrap that I had lying around.
    P1010289.JPG

The only thing that I did not have anything of were the wheels. Total cost for this project for parts that I paid for was $16.00.

P1010290.JPG

I welcome comments or suggestions good or bad.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Looks good Christos. I really like your handles. May have to steal that idea

Bret

So this is the cabinet you were talking about first time I have seen the post

Looks good Christos and useful too.

Why the holes in the top grinding dust will soon fill the inside?

FenceFurniture is offline The prize lies beneath - hidden in full view

Christos, it is very satisfying to get a good result out of stuff that is just lying around. I'm currently building two more tool tray cabinets, which use timber runners and supports. If you haven't done so already, wax up the runners - the difference is substantial.
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY
    Jan-Feb 2019 Click to send me an email

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Why the holes in the top grinding dust will soon fill the inside?

Ah ha I got that covered. I used some blue tape.

FenceFurniture; I have used some wax on the runners.

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    Ah ha I got that covered. I used some blue tape.

FenceFurniture; I have used some wax on the runners.
    Bret Christos is well versed on the use of Wax.............comes with the turf.

I'm glad I could give some inspiration, though your stand is miles better than mine!
    ---

Visit my blog The Woodwork Geek to see what I've been up to or follow my ramblings on Twitter

Default Now theres an idea worth stealing.

Hey Christos,

I love your grinder stand.

I have just started doing a bit of well over due work TO my shed. Major clean up, organise, & even a bit of throw away. (Fairly little bit of throw away) https://www.woodworkforums.com/f245/t...k-shed-170992/

I was in the shed yesterday prospecting for my bench top when I glanced over at my metalwork bench & thought to my self... Self, Where the hell am I going to put my grinder.

The problem is, I had it mounted on a steel pedastool cemented into the floor, but I had to cut the pedastool off to install my 6m long cupboard. So I temporarily sat my grinder on my metal work bench, just until I weld a base plate to the pedastool & bolt it to the floor somewhere. That was about 3 years ago.

My biggest problem has been trying to decide just where to mount it.

This is where your idea comes in. Mount it on wheels, whack a set of draws under it & stick it in the corner until I need it.

When I was a kid, My dads grinder was fixed, so I fixed my grinder to the floor in every place I have bought, & when we moved here 18 odd years ago, there was already a pedastool here.

Talk about not seeing the forrest for all the trees.

Steve
    The fact remains, that 97% of all statistics are made up, yet 87% of the population think they are real.

Nice job! All those DRAWERS are very handy!

Great job on the grinder stand there Christos,good thing with the castors mate so it can be wheeled around....good stuff...

Mick!!!

Default Grinder stand

Hi Christos,

Commendations on making something useful out of what would otherwise be scrap or waste materials.

The idea of having a mobile grinder stand is quite intriguing and something I had not considered. I think I will need to appropriate this idea later on!

Cheers

The Beryl Bloke