Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Script View Post
    Eddie, Hermit,

Thanks for stopping by....nice to know someone is watching...keeps me motivated....

We like to keep you on your toes we may not pop in but are still watching.

For some reason I seem to have missed a few projects and now trying to catch up. Keep up the good work I for one enjoy a good build

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Diggerdelaney View Post
    We like to keep you on your toes we may not pop in but are still watching.

For some reason I seem to have missed a few projects and now trying to catch up. Keep up the good work I for one enjoy a good build
    Thanks Digger!

Since it rained today I just kept 'working'........

Had to see how the carriage would mount and where I needed to add some strength to the chassis.

Epoxy on the hanger joins, probably to set the wheels once the build is finished, and anywhere else a bit of hold might be appropriate.

Any suggestions by you veteran coach builders?

Cheers,

Jim

IMG_2564.jpgIMG_2565.jpgIMG_2566.jpgIMG_2567.jpgIMG_2568.jpg

Jim,

I have been following this from the beginning. Just haven't made a comment as I have no knowledge of stage coaches. The coaches aren't that interesting to me, but I enjoy following along to see how they are made and what techniques or tidbits I might get from you.

Bret

Wow. Quite a bit of work done since last update. It's looking great Jim!

as others have said, it's starting to actually look like a stagecoach instead of a pile of plans, wood and paint! which I know from my own build is very encouraging to see from the builders perspective. Keep up the good work!

You are really getting a move on now and it is looking good,with the experience from this model you will have no trouble doing a scratch build one keep the pics coming Eddie.

Bret, Geoff, Eddie,

Thanks for stopping by. This has been a fun project....and it's nice to hear from folks watching.

Bret, I'm enjoying watching your build as well. I noticed your comment about getting the swimming pool ready. Seeing that it's winter 'down under' you may get some unexpected visitors...

Geoff, It is starting to look like something... and I'm pleased to report that I got the bend made for the base of the carriage and was able to glue it in place....would have been nice to have an extra hand or three....

Eddie, I doubt that scratch building is in my future... My power tool inventory is a Dremel and a 'baby' table saw from Micromark. It's about 12"x8"x3" and my bride does not see a workshop in our future..... So 'll be sticking with kits for a while.....

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Script, i've been watching your build, what is the wood your useing? i find it interesting the way they put the kit togather..your doing a nice clean job looks real good....
    Gary....

Quote Originally Posted by oven1944 View Post
    Hi Script, i've been watching your build, what is the wood your useing? i find it interesting the way they put the kit togather..your doing a nice clean job looks real good....
    Gary....
    Hi Gary,

Thanks for stopping by....

The kit is of high quality.....so far the laser cut and photo etched parts fit well with little trimming.

The supplied strips that will require cutting to size have yet to make an appearance in the instructions.

The woods supplied are walnut, mahogany, plywood, some other wood and mdf. The mdf is used for some structural parts such as the inner carriage walls, the fake leather straps and also the trunks and chests that will ride on the carriage. Very thin plywood is used for the inner frame members and other what will be invisible structure on the finished model. The mahogany and walnut, virtually all of which will be painted are for the exterior of the coach. I am not sure but I think most of the chassis is mahogany.

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks Jim, looks like fun,
    Gary.....

All the interior and exterior sub-framing is complete. Had to skip around on the assembly instructions so I can prime and paint the interior. The interior will be black. The exterior of the coach will be red.

The curved plywood base was one of my worries but I did prevail!

Cheers,

Jim

IMG_2569.jpgIMG_2570.jpgIMG_2571.jpgIMG_2573.jpgIMG_2574.jpg

Hello Jim,

It's looking great. You're doing a great job.

In pictures 1 and 3 I see a white band at the top.
    Will that be covered or painted?

Thanks.

Anja

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Hello Jim,

It's looking great. You're doing a great job.

In pictures 1 and 3 I see a white band at the top.
    Will that be covered or painted?

Thanks.

Anja
    Hi Anja, thanks for the visit. The white band you see will eventually be red, just like the rest of the exterior. But if you turn your computer upside down, you will see that the band is on the bottom.

Cheers,

Jim

Went off to the Smokies to bicycle the Blue Ridge and got back just in time for the first tropical storm of the season....

Anyway, back to my coach build.

Finished framing the doors and was about to put the exterior panel on when I thought it might be a good plan to check the fit....

Note to self: Build the door first and then use it as the template for the door frame.

So there's a bit of fit adjustment required.....

And since I'm about to the point where there will be quite a bit of painting before assembly things will be pretty slow......

Why???

The humidity has hovered around 100% for the last week and is expected to continue. Since my painting is done outside; not the best environment....

Cheers,

Jim

IMG_2579.jpgIMG_2581.jpgIMG_2580.jpg

Thumbs up

This sure is a wonderful WIP Jim!!! your attention to detail is outstanding!!!

Looks Good Jim. Sorry to hear about the humidity. It is 70% in the mornings here but burns off after lunch. I couldn't live where you do I would have to carry a sweat towel on me all the time!

Bret

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast