Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

I am enjoying watching this build.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Looking good Jim, Seem as shame to paint such pretty timber....
    Keep up the good work & beaut photos, thank you.
    Cheers, crowie

Christos, crowie, Thanks for stopping by...

Seems like things have slowed down a bit on the forum....must be the weather...

Anyway, I got the exterior trim finished on the coach and doors. Even though there are a few more parts to make that will be painted crimson, I wanted to get some primer on the coach body and doors.

It is time for me to start making the softgoods....cushions, wall paper and etc.

The plans show some decals being put on soon as well...on the under side of the footboard.

With the addition of the attachment hardware to the coach body, I'm now having to work with the coach either on its side or upside down. There is some danger of breaking off pieces of the photo etch parts were I to keep bending and flexing them.....oh, well...

So here are the latest pics!

Cheers,

Jim

IMG_2622.jpgIMG_2620.jpgIMG_2621.jpgIMG_2623.jpgIMG_2624.jpg

Looking great. There never seems enough time to get done what you want plus waiting for paint/glue to dry slows things up

Quote Originally Posted by Script View Post
    Seems like things have slowed down a bit on the forum....must be the weather...
    I have been doing other projects as fast as I complete one another wants doing. I WILL get back to some toy making.

Thanks for stopping by, Digger

I've been jumping around trying to build while waiting for paint to dry.....

Got the little center bench hinges made and then attached. Found some .5mm needles at a craft store to use for the hinge fasteners. Nothing small enough came with the kit.

Then I made a sample cushion to see how to make what is supposed to look like button pulls on the cushions. Settled on a pointed grit tip from a bead work set found at a craft store.

Thought I'd test the decals by putting the simple ones on the sides of the drivers bench but found it needed another coat of crimson..so...

Went ahead and applied all the decals to the coach body.

Put a completed hinge on a fingernail for a pic and then found that all four would fit on a dime...so much for large scale, large parts...used a magnifying glass to find them.....

Cheers,

Jim

IMG_2625.jpgIMG_2626.jpgIMG_2628.jpgIMG_2629.jpgIMG_2630.jpgIMG_2631.jpgIMG_2632.jpg

The stagecoach certainly is coming alive now with the decals on the side. Your doing a great job.

I was sorting the shed out today and found some small hinges like those. They are very fiddly to work with tweezers are a must and a steady hand

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Quote Originally Posted by Script View Post
    Thanks for stopping by, Digger

I've been jumping around trying to build while waiting for paint to dry.....

Got the little center bench hinges made and then attached. Found some .5mm needles at a craft store to use for the hinge fasteners. Nothing small enough came with the kit.

Then I made a sample cushion to see how to make what is supposed to look like button pulls on the cushions. Settled on a pointed grit tip from a bead work set found at a craft store.

Thought I'd test the decals by putting the simple ones on the sides of the drivers bench but found it needed another coat of crimson..so...

Went ahead and applied all the decals to the coach body.

Put a completed hinge on a fingernail for a pic and then found that all four would fit on a dime...so much for large scale, large parts...used a magnifying glass to find them.....

Cheers,

Jim

IMG_2625.jpgIMG_2626.jpgIMG_2628.jpgIMG_2629.jpgIMG_2630.jpgIMG_2631.jpgIMG_2632.jpg
    Looking good Jim.
    I'd be buying another magnifying lamp with a light on a stand similar to one of these in order to see what I'm doing is in the correct place with those tiny, tiny hinges..... LED Magnifying Desk Lamp, Table Lamp & Magnifier Floor Lamps Australia - MagLamps.com.au
    Cheers, crowie

This is looking great
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Your coach is coming along great Jim. It's really looking the part now that the decals are on. Nice work.
    ... Steve

-- Monkey see, monkey do --

Digger, crowie, Wongo, Hermit,

Thanks for visiting!

Progress continues. When one gets this close to putting it all together it is tough to stop. On the other hand, this is when I start to miss little details... But I do find them, just makes it a bit harder to do some of them because things start to get in the way. Oh, well....

Crowie, the first pic is for you. It is my provisional magnifier since my lighted one is stored somewhere awaiting the remodel.

The others are finished doors and interior as well as fitting the coach to the carriage......

Oh, once the stagecoach is complete, I've still got to build the suitcases, rifles, bags, barrels and stuff...

Cheers,

Jim

IMG_2633.jpgIMG_2635.jpgIMG_2636.jpgIMG_2638.jpgIMG_2639.jpg

It's starting to really look nice now, Jim. I love the interior, it looks real.
    ... Steve

-- Monkey see, monkey do --

Very nice work Jim, nearly finished.

Edddie

Thumbs up

Amazing detail there Script!! and a tremendous job on the whole build!!!

I guess a pair of good tweezers were on hand for you to use??

Hello Jim,

Incredible!

Beautiful work on the decals, picture frame and the interior.
    Wonderful build, I just love it.

Anja

Hermit,Eddie,artme, Anja,

Thanks for stopping by. I am on the road for a a week or so but will be back to the stagecoach next week. This is probably the best quality kit I've ever seen.

My plan is the reinforce some of the support areas....carry straps and wheels...with epoxy. The coach part is heavy relative to the chassis. Once all the bags, barrels, cases and rifles are finished it will need it.

The coach is about finished so now comes the other stuff. Each piece is like a miniature kit....back to the magnifying glass and tweezers!

Cheers,

Jim