Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
    A word to the wise......If you buy this kit remember not to install the etched brass strips until the very end when you want to hook them up. The manual shows pinning them on early in the cabin building process. These should be installed as the very last step. Because you have a lot of work to do on the cabin itself. And you'll bend them until they just fall apart like mine did and now
    I will have to glue the cabin to the chassis. Once they break I dont see anyway of repairing them.As others have said in different forums the manual isnt very clear there is no such thing as step 1-2-3-etc. And the manual tends to lead one astray. If you make a mistake with pinning down something, no problem you can remove your mistake and make corrections, but if you glue something down especially using ca glue your just screwed and you'll have to live with this mistake. Take your time think the next step out and use good reasoning. Think ahead...
    Regards
    Don
    Don,

I remember how careful I had to be once they were attached, which I recall doing before the interior and doors were finished. Sorry to hear you lost them. As for CA....there is a un-glue available to remove things attached with CA.....so it really isn't permanent. You discover its availability once you glue your fingers together for the first time....

Cheers,

Jim

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Script View Post
    As for CA....there is a un-glue available to remove things attached with CA.....so it really isn't permanent. You discover its availability once you glue your fingers together for the first time....
    Cheers,
    Jim
    Acetone should remove CA, provided you can get it moistened OK. (Acetone evaporates very quickly.)
    ... Steve

-- Monkey see, monkey do --

Default Ca

Don,

I remember how careful I had to be once they were attached, which I recall doing before the interior and doors were finished. Sorry to hear you lost them. As for CA....there is a un-glue available to remove things attached with CA.....so it really isn't permanent. You discover its availability once you glue your fingers together for the first time....

Cheers,

Jim
    Yeah I know all too well about Desolv. been gluing my fingers together for so many years they look like ducks feet. Anyhow I cant take anything loose now because the parts are all destroyed so its CA forever.
    i f it aint broke fix it till it is !!

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Quote Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
    A word to the wise......If you buy this kit remember not to install the etched brass strips until the very end when you want to hook them up. The manual shows pinning them on early in the cabin building process. These should be installed as the very last step. Because you have a lot of work to do on the cabin itself. And you'll bend them until they just fall apart like mine did and now
    I will have to glue the cabin to the chassis. Once they break I dont see anyway of repairing them.As others have said in different forums the manual isnt very clear there is no such thing as step 1-2-3-etc. And the manual tends to lead one astray. If you make a mistake with pinning down something, no problem you can remove your mistake and make corrections, but if you glue something down especially using ca glue your just screwed and you'll have to live with this mistake. Take your time think the next step out and use good reasoning. Think ahead...
    Regards
    Don
    Day Don,
    You and Jim ave been having a good chat; good to see blokes helping each other....WELL DONE Jim....
    Looking forward to seeing your coach build in the scale modeling section....lots of photos please.
    Cheers, crowie

Quote Originally Posted by crowie View Post
    Day Don,
    You and Jim ave been having a good chat; good to see blokes helping each other....WELL DONE Jim....
    Looking forward to seeing your coach build in the scale modeling section....lots of photos please.
    Cheers, crowie
    Hi crowie,

I just saw this note about putting pictures in a scale modeling section? Evidently that is somewhere other than where the log is...?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi crowie,

I just saw this note about putting pictures in a scale modeling section? Evidently that is somewhere other than where the log is...?

Thanks,

Jim
    G'Day Jim, Your thread is posted in the Scale Model section of Toy Making; so you are already here and having fun.... Cheers, crowie

Just had a very enjoyable hour or so reading through your log Jim, and apart from "very well done", all I can say is: "I want one!"

Hi Grant,

Good to see you are finding your way around. Lots of interesting stuff here.

This is a great kit. One of the most precise when it comes to laser cut parts.

I'll be watching for your build log on this and the Camel........

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks Jim,

The Stage Coach might be a little ways off yet - already a swag of other non-ship builds to keep me busy, but this is definitely going on the wish list!

hi,im presently building the stagecoach.could not have got this far without your guide.thanks great job.question,. how do put on the decals.need advice

Quote Originally Posted by disimone View Post
    hi,im presently building the stagecoach.could not have got this far without your guide.thanks great job.question,. how do put on the decals.need advice
    Hi disimone,
    As former model car builder the decals were quite easy. I hope my explanation works for you.
    I cut them from the sheet as I applied them....made it easier to keep track.
    I would kind of eyeball the location and measure for fit.
    A shallow dish with a shallow puddle of water to release the decal from the backing. It only takes a minute or two for this to happen. I'd then carefully slide the decal directly from the backer onto its spot on the coach. An ink blotter or paper towel can then be used to gently tamp the water from around the decal while pushing any trapped water or air from beneath the decal. I believe some folks use a dab of soap in the water but plain has always worked for me.
    After they were all applied, I sprayed a semi gloss clear coat.

Hope that helps.....it is a great kit!

Cheers,

Jim

thank you the help .i see the finish line

Quote Originally Posted by disimone View Post
    thank you the help .i see the finish line
    G'Day & Welcome to the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "disimone".
    There are quite a few members across the USA and the rest of the world.....
    You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist, just like Jim.
    Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
    Enjoy the forum.
    Enjoy your woodwork & toymaking/modelmaking.....
    Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

Default Tks in advance form a newbie

Hi

Awsome thread. Just bought the same from Model shipyard. Was tossing between the Victory and Artesania Latina model. Your log helped me decide.
    This is the first wooden model I will be doing. I was going to do a boat but decided to try this first.
    If I am to do a build log where do i do it ? It will be a newbie log. Expect to start in the next week or so

Quote Originally Posted by paulv1958 View Post
    Hi

Awsome thread. Just bought the same from Model shipyard. Was tossing between the Victory and Artesania Latina model. Your log helped me decide.
    This is the first wooden model I will be doing. I was going to do a boat but decided to try this first.
    If I am to do a build log where do i do it ? It will be a newbie log. Expect to start in the next week or so

Hi Paul,
    if you go to the Scale Modeling page, you will see a start new thread button. That is where to start your log. Looking forward to it. If I can be of any assistance, let me know.
    Cheers,
    Jim

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast