Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Drive him out to Hinchenbrook - Wheelin needs tuition on that newish lathe of his

seriously The men's shed I go to has a bit of metal working gear and there are a nmber of chaps whom just drop in to have a cuppa and a yarn. In fact I've heard the same story from this chap three times in the last month (I missed going one week or it might have been four times)
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by _fly_ View Post
    Its worth ringing Steve,
    We have few members that just get a lift with other members as they can't/don't drive.
    You may have someone around the corner that can take you down a couple of times a week.
    Yeah, I might be lucky, one way or the other. I'll ring them tomorrow.
    Meantime, I just rang Jack and passed on all the info I have for him.

What size is the battery you need, we can all have a look around. I know one of the battery world guys, he may be able to source what you need.
    Peter
    A suitable Lithium-ion battery will be virtually impossible to find since they come already made up in the case shown in the pic (and cost ~$500), but the lead-acid ones I'm looking for need to be sealed lead-acid, 3 x 12V, 110mm long x 82mm wide x 90mm max high, preferably 8Ah but 7Ah would do the job. Originally my range was 30km, but even 7Ah would give me about 20km range - quite usable.

The dealer I bought the bike from used to have them, and in fact had 3 in stock but they were too old and on the way out. He's looking around too, but can't find suitable ones either. He now sells the 2-stroke bike kits that are appearing everywhere. I had one of those for a while, but sold it for several reasons: I had trouble pedal-starting, but also they're technically illegal in NSW, so sooner or later the cops will clamp down on them. They output 1200W, (48cc), to 2000W, (66cc), but the legal limit here is 200W. My electric is 200W.
    ... Steve

-- Monkey see, monkey do --

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post
    Drive him out to Hinchenbrook - Wheelin needs tuition on that newish lathe of his

seriously The men's shed I go to has a bit of metal working gear and there are a nmber of chaps whom just drop in to have a cuppa and a yarn. In fact I've heard the same story from this chap three times in the last month (I missed going one week or it might have been four times)
    Jack has a fair bit of gear that he doesn't use, along with some stuff that he has doubles of, so he can probably donate a bit to get the ball rolling. He likes helping/teaching others, too, so I'd say he'll get on well at the Penshurst shed, even if they don't already have anyone doing metal turning etc.
    ... Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post

That I do Nick that I do. I am just sorry old Russ and ex-navel engineer moved away from next door otherwise I'd have everything under control each time I went to H&F he'd ask when's the metal Lathe get delivered. He did leave me with some of his tools and tools steel HSS cutters one of which is in the lathe now.

I can just see all those old engineers over there Nick fighting to see how quick they can get home and use what they have at home.
    So have they taught you how to use them yet???

Hermit, if you are on the Albatross side of Nowra there is a Veterans and Citizens Mens Shed on the Yalwal Road, near Flatrock Road.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieV View Post
    Hermit, if you are on the Albatross side of Nowra there is a Veterans and Citizens Mens Shed on the Yalwal Road, near Flatrock Road.
    G'day Howie.
    Sorry for the slow response. For some reason, I didn't get a notification of your reply to the thread and only just discovered it by chance. Didn't mean to be ignorant.

I had no idea there was another Men's Shed out there. I am on the Albatross side - I live in Kalandar St, the continuation of Albatross Rd.

I'm not sure if my bike will even make it that far any more. I need those new batteries for the bike soon. I'll give it a try and see if I have the range. I think I might just make it.
    Edit: I'm not too bright sometimes. If I take my charger, I only need the range to get there, then recharge for the trip back. Easy. In fact, if I do that I can probably get to the other Men's Shed in Millbank Rd, too, especially the back way.

Meantime, I'm in the process of joining the Shoalhaven Woodcraft Society. They have meetings at the Nowra High School in Moss St. I can make it that far. Just waiting for my application to be approved.
    ... Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12