Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Sturdee's wood storage shed (Cont.).

Well a year has gone by since I last posted in the original thread being a WIP on converting my old chook shed and run into a wood storage shed for the accumulating timber to turn into masterpieces.

As the thread is now locked, this is the continuation to bring you all up to date.

When I stopped work on it a year ago I had finished the first and second storage area and had lined the wall and laid the base of the shelving in the third area.

At that stage I had a few other jobs to do and after a few months I went back to start on the shelving and found that my health started to interfere with it. Walking from the shed back to the workshop and back caused me severe breathing problems. Those are now sorted together with the other health problems.

After this enforced lack of activity I have brought the garden back into shape and painted the fences and house as well as some renovations inside, so back to the storage shed I went and I have now completed it.

In this third section the lighting has been fixed, shelving installed and a gravel base laid. This section has an eclectic mix of shelving including an old filing cabinet. When this has settled I may yet pour a concrete floor in all the areas, but for the time being it is being used.

Here are the final photos to show what I have done.

This is the outside showing the storage shed.
    Attachment 268626

And the first section from the open doorway.
    Attachment 268627

The middle section again from the open doorway where my main stash of Corian is housed.
    Attachment 268628

And the final section being from the open doorway
    Attachment 268629

and down the length.
    Attachment 268630

The conversion took some time but now I have been able to move wood and Corian from all the weird and wonderful places they had been put away (including the lounge ) in to the storage area. The carpet stored in this is for a future project and together with the compressor will be moved elsewhere in due course.

Total cost for this project was the nails, paint and 4 fence palings to cover the last door and of course a set of locks to keep any of your guys out. The rest was recycled or reused. Some of the chipboard came from Springwater, thanks again Craig, the rest from road side hard rubbish and the filing cabinet out of our old office.

Now for the further shed reorganisation which I hope won't take as long.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

You are going to cop a bit of flack over this. That's just too much. Just wish I owned it - need the room. Great work!
    Bob

"If a man is after money, he's money mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a never-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets it without working for it; he's a parasite; and if he accumulates it after a life time of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life."
    - Vic Oliver

Nice.
    It's a real bummer not being able to add to old threads, it's supposed to be being looked into.
    Regards
    Hugh

Enough is enough, more than enough is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by A Duke View Post
    Nice.
    It's a real bummer not being able to add to old threads, it's supposed to be being looked into.
    Regards
    I finished the work on the day that the old thread was locked being exactly 365 days after my last post, unfortunately it took me a few days to take photos and post.

Peter.

Nice going on the completion and conversion to wood storage. Does not seem to be much wood in there but I think you are going to tell me that the rest of the house is now clean.

Hang on that's exactly what you said.