Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Question how to expand the shower area on a small shower base?

Hi,We want to renovate our old shower which is seperated with three tiled walls in the bathroom. We would like to expand the shower area to 900X900 on the original shower base which is a 860X860 concrete base. Is there any idea to do the job? Thanks.

Jackson

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hi Jackson

Is there a really good reason why you want to increase the size of the shower by just 40mm? The only way I can see you making the existing shower bigger is to 900 x 900 is by knocking out 2 of the 3 walls, then rebuild them. If you were planning on retiling it won't be too bad to knock off the walls and start over.

Regards

Adrian

Wink

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your kind advice, but I don't want to change the existing shower base which is still in a very good condition. Last night, we got an idea from Better homes and Gardens which might be a good option for us. The shower base is square, but one wall (where the shower rose is) is extended about 150mm wide at the height of around 600mm and extended area can be used to put shampoo and soaps, so there is no need for other fixtures in the shower area. We have to change the old plaster walls with fibre cement sheets anyway, the only problem, i think, is how to make sure there is no leak once we do it that way. What sort of waterproof product is the best for this project?

Regards

Jackson